Chapter 1: Outcast

Chapter 1: Outcast

Jasper's POV

"Jasper! Get up!" I heard a familiar voice say. I opened my eyes and narrowed them before ducking my head under my pillow.

"Nikki, five more minutes!" I begged, my voice barely audible through the tired hoarseness. A rough pull dragged me off my bed, which was a top bunk mind you, and I crashed into the wooden floor.

"Nikki!" I growled, stooding up and glaring at her. She stood in front of me in a laughing fit. Her dark blonde hair moved with her body as she laughed, and her silvery green colored eyes were sparkling.

She stopped laughing and looked at me. I glared at her playfully and a worried look crossed her face. I smiled widely and a few fire crackers exploded behind her.

"AHHH!!!" She screamed. She jumped about a foot in the air and once she noticed what happened glared at me. "You! How'd you-" "Been planning it since yesterday." I shrugged.

She pushed me lightly and I pushed back. "Don't make me put worms in your bed!" I laughed. She looked at me, clearly not doubting that I'd do it, the she ran out of our room.

I laughed and went to my closet. I grabbed my outfit, jean shorts and a grey tee. I changed and put on my mismatched socks.

I stood infront of the mirror me and Nikki shared. I brushed my dark chocolate colored hair that went to my mid back and put it in a high pony tail. My silvery blue eyes had flecks of green in them and were surrounded by dark, long, eyelashes.

I brushed my teeth and went out of the room for breakfast, bringing, Shakespeare's complete collection with me. (It's for Nikki's Birthday).

"Hello Nikki." I said when I saw her. She smiled and poured milk into my bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

Suddenly, a group of 6 boys around the age of 8 ran through the kitchen, making sounds like cars.

"Even after all these years, I'm still not used to that."Nikki laughed. I nodded in agreement.

The Orphanage where I lived,Feather Hills Orphanage, wasn't very large. It was just an over sized ranch house with 10 acres and a little animal farm. Which was very common in this area. Only about 25 kids lived here. Feather Hills Orphanage was on the outside of a small, old style town. Around the Orphanage were Farms and mountains, and it was in the middle of no where. Most kids in the Orphanage were here until they were 18, then left.

"Yeah. But I've been here longer then you." I joked nudging her. "True true." Nikki said before taking a drink of apple juice. Nikki was brought here at age 9, only 5 years ago. But me...I'd been here my whole life, and tomorrow was my 14th birthday.
(Today's Nikki's.)

We sat in a conferrable silence.I finished my cereal, gave the Shakespeare book to Nikki, who was very happy about it,and started on my chores. I went outside, and milked the two cows the Orphanage had, Molly and June. I saw a few younger kids going in the barn and coming out with a basket of eggs. I smiled as an idea popped into my head.

"Hey Erik!" I yelled. A young boy about 11 with wavy blonde hair looked at me. His friends did the same then they walked to me.

"Hi Jazz. What's up?" He asked.
"Not much, are you thirsty?" I said raising a dark eyebrow.

"Wha-?" Before he could finish, I squirted cow milk in his mouth. He stood shocked for a second, the laughed.

He face me a mischievous look that only an 11 boy could give,and I saw him grab an egg. He threw it at me but it stopped mid air about 6 inches from my face. It was hovering and we all starred at it in shock for a moment.