Part Ten

"Hey. I don't want to put you in an uncomfortable position but did you ever talk to Bella?" Katie asked and I sighed.

"No I haven't seen her, she's blocked me on everything." I said and it was her turn to sigh.

"Also again, I don't want to put you in an uncomfortable situation but my little cousin is coming over to my house tonight with me. And I'm not good with little kids at all but you are. I was wondering if you could help me watch her. It's just for a couple hours." She said and I thought about it.

"Yeah sure." I said and she smiled.

"Good because it's now." She said and kissed my cheek.

"Wait what?" I asked and she gave me a sheepish smile. I pulled up to her house and saw another car there. I would normally drive Katie to school, no one even noticed or just didn't care.

"I know I'm sorry." She said and got out. "This is my aunt Jackie." She said and I smiled at the short woman. The woman hurriedly handed the little blonde girl over to Katie and smiled before rushing to her car. "Coolest in my family." I never have met anyone else in her family meanwhile she met my entire one. "This is Jenny." Katie said and the girl squirmed out of her arms.

"How old is she?" I asked while zipping up my coat in the freezing winter.

"Old enough to be a pain and enjoy it." She mumbled and I laughed following her inside her house. Or more like her mansion.

"Katie!" We heard a scream and I jumped awake. Katie and I fell asleep on the couch while watching a movie. "Katie!" The little girl screamed again and I jumped up. I opened the door and ran outside with Katie close behind me. She grabbed her jacket as I just ran out.

"Fuck." I whispered as I saw Jenny on the frozen pound.

"Oh my god!" Katie shouted. "Jenny, sweetie you need to walk over here!" Katie told her and the little girl shook her head terrified.

"I slip." Jenny said.

"Elizabeth I-I-I don't know what do we do?" Katie asked and I shivered a bit. The pound was almost the size of a lake and just as deep. Katie froze, completely froze terrified. I carefully took a couple steps and tested out the ice. I placed one foot firmly on the ice and it made a small squeal noise but didn't crack. It's the middle of winter in Ohio why the fuck did we let her out of our sight?

"Can you walk to me?" I asked her and she shook her head. I placed both feet on the ice and put my arms in front of me to keep my balance. I carefully took a step closer and slowly continued to Jenny but the ice was getting thinner and thinner. "I'm just gonna pick you up now okay?" I asked and heard the ice start to crack.

"Liz." Katie said and I lifted her up. The ice started to crack even more and I saw I was going to fall through any second.

"I'm gonna toss you to your cousin okay?" I spoke to the little girl and turned back around.

"Elizabeth thi-." Katie started.

"Katie I'm going to fall through any second you need to do this!" I spoke and swung the girl back and forth. "You have to catch her." I spoke to her and she slowly nodded. I took a deep breath and threw the little girl. I saw Katie catch her just in time as ice broke and I fell through. I felt the cold water hit me and I swam back to the top I felt around the ice trying to find a way out. When I couldn't find one and my air was running out I started punching the ice. I repeatedly punched at it, at this point I couldn't feel my legs. I slammed my fist once more into the ice and broke through it. I gasped and felt my whole body freeze up. I saw I was right at the land and pulled myself up onto the grass. I couldn't feel my body as I laid down on the snowy ground and breathed out.