Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Queen Minx P.O.V

After that horrible nightmare incident, I went to take a quick shower. I then realized that I forgot to take my clothes into the bathroom so that I can change. I sighed, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around my naked body. I open the door quietly, making sure not to wake up Krism. She was still snoring which meant that she was in a deep sleep. I’ll need to wake her up soon.

I turn to my left to grab the clothes that were on the chair. I grabbed my purple shirt with skinny black jeans and my purple boots. I’m not exactly a fashion person. I try to look decent for my citizens so they don’t see me as a selfish, rich queen but I always have to wear my fancy cape, like what a super hero wears, so they know that I’m still queen. I walk back into the bathroom to wear my clothes.

I walk to the right side of the bed to wake up Krism. I really didn’t want to disturb her ‘beauty sleep’ because she looks adorable sleeping. I grab her shoulder and slowly shook her, trying to wake her up.

“Krism…Krism wake up. Baby? Come on let’s go” I whispered. She stops snoring and opened her eyes. She looks at me confused, probably wondering why I’m waking her up so early. Krism stands up, stretching her stiff body. I stare at her beautiful face. I smiled, but my smile soon faded when I remembered my nightmare…The man stabbing her repeatedly. Remembering it gave me goosebumps and anger.

“Minx? Are you alright?” Krism asks me, worried.

“I’m alright bebeh. Don’t worry. Go ahead and get ready.” I put on a fake smile. I don’t want her worrying so much about a weird nightmare. I study her face, hoping she doesn’t notice my sudden change of expression. But Krism’s face lit up, her frown grew into a happy smile. Why is she so happy?

“Krism, why are you so happy?” I asked. She runs to me and hugs me tightly. What? I start laughing, a little nervous now.

“Happy birthday!” She yells out, extremely excited. It’s my birthday? How can I forget my own birthday. I run over to the small calendar on the wall, next to the grandfather clock. October 1st. She was right. It is my birthday.

“How can I forget my own birthday?! I guess working so hard, I lose track of time. You know what… I’m going to make an announcement and tell everyone to take a day off of work… Today will be a good, relaxing day. Thank you for remembering bebeh.” I tell my excited Krism, who is going through her closet. She walks next to me with a purple box in her hands. She hands it to me. Is this my present? I thank her and unwrap the box. It had an amethyst necklace. It was so beautiful. I start to tear up. Nobody has ever given me such a beautiful present.

“Thank you Krism. It’s beautiful.” I say as I put on the necklace, fitting perfectly around my neck. I look up and see Krism smiling but she looks nervous. “Are you alright Krism? You seem nervous…” I ask.

“I’m okay. I just thought it wouldn’t fit on you but it did! I love you…” She says, kissing me. I kiss her back but was forced to pull back.

        I need to make the announcement. I walk over to the balcony and open it, walking outside. It was a beautiful day, birds chirping and the sky as blue as the sea. I fix my hair and cape a little better before grabbing a rope that was attached to The Great Big Bell, that was on my roof. I pull it and cover my ears, hearing the bell ring loudly. I see my citizens run up to the front gates of my castle. I clear my throat and wait for Krism to accompany me.

“Good morning Victubia. Today is my birthday! I want today to be a good day. Everyone won’t need to go to work today and just be with their family. If I won’t do my work for today, neither should you all. I will be at The Late Night Bar, relaxing. Thank you all and have a good day.” Everyone cheered and clapped. I don’t think they were happy because it’s my birthday. I think they’re just happy they don’t need to work today.

I point at the door, “To the bar, my beautiful girlfriend!” I commanded. Krism giggled and grabbed my hand, not letting me go. “Krism! Come on” I whine, but that only made her giggle more. Hearing her laugh was like music to my ears. Krism still wouldn’t let go of my hand. Instead, she brought it closer to her, pulling me with it.

“Let go of my hand bebeh!” I say, childishly. She giggles even more. I start pulling away, trying to free myself from her grip but fail miserably. Now Krism and I are playing tug-of-war with my hand as the ‘rope’. My arm was beginning to cramp so I let myself be pulled by Krism. She didn’t know that I let myself get pulled so she pulls her hardest and throws me on top of her. We both start laughing but I soon realize that I’m on top of my girlfriend. I felt my face turn a bright red. Krism leaned over and whispers into my ear:

“Be patient Minx. Soon we can do this anytime we want today...But right now! We have got to go to the bar now!” Krism stands up quickly but I grab her by her waist and pull her back down on the bed.

“Why rushing Krism?” I ask, taunting her with my sweet voice. Her body stiffens.

“We just need to get there so we have more things to do for today. These types of days where you don’t work are rare and I want to cherish it. That’s all...” Krism says quickly, like if she has been waiting to tell me that. She runs to the bathroom, fixing her hair and such things like that.

Krism has been acting so weird lately, it bothers me. She’s so jumpy now and nervous. She’s hiding something from me, I can easily tell. I can tell she really wants to tell me but wants to show me instead… Or at least I hope she tells me somehow…

Hello everyone! Did you enjoy this chapter? Comment your opinion on it and let me know what you thought about it. I'll try to post the next chapter up as fast as I can. But thank you for reading it.

P.S: I'm not so confident with this chapter, I don't know why. So I apologize if you did not like this one as much as the second one. I'll do my best to make my stories better.

Also, thank you so much for letting me have over 500 people read and about 50 votes on the first part, What Lies Within. Tell your friends and other Wattpad readers to give my stories a try. It makes me feel less nervous about it since it's my first time. Well... Bye!

-Brenda