Chapter 7: The Grand Begining

Two days later after the entry exam, is the opening ceremony of the High School division of Tohtsuki Academy. Cherry blossom blooms around the avenue as the new students gather to the ceremony, then later on behind the stage there are Kyuzo and Atago stand by ready for their first year speech. They wear in Tohtsuki girl uniform as Kyuzo wears a tie while Atago wears a bow tie, as they are waiting, Atago is trembling with fear, "Um... Kyuzo-sama, this is my first time to face a large crowd of students, what if we twist our tongue as we speak?" "Don't worry, I am with you all time." Then someone came towards them, "Well congratulation both of you being accepted to the High School Division of Tohtsuki." The girls turn around and find out is Nakiri Senzaemon, Director of the Tohtsuki Academy, they immediately bow down to greet him. "Good Morning Director, and thank you the offer you gave us, we will do are best to the end till graduation." He laughs and pat their heads, "Mhh... good, I have high hopes for you two."

As the ceremony begins, Erina steps on the stage to receive the High School Academy Insignia Badge as a small conversation begins, "Phew, I am glad to be here in the High School Division, the previous years are horrors." "But you know as we go on, the more challenges we face." "Anyway, I heard rumors of there will be transfer students joining our school, over-board students." "Over-board? Hmm I hope I can make friends with them."

Then after that, the Director came to the stage for ceremony address as the students freak out by the natural strict look of Master Senzaemon. *Behind the stage* (Kyuzo-sama, why the students freak out so much?) (Actually Master Senzaemon has all business and knowledge of fine cuisine of Japan under his hand palms, he is the Don of all cuisine, that's why the students know he is a demon.) (No doubt.) *Back to the stage* As he starts the speech, all students of Tohtsuki listen very carefully as well as Kyuzo and Atago.

"I would like to congratulate you all on your advancement to the high school division. During your three years in the junior high division, you have obtained a basic skill set in cooking and deepened your understanding of each ingredients. In addition to the cooking practicum, you attended classroom lectures on a variety of topics including culinary theory, nutrition, public health, introductory agronomic, and management. Now, you're finally standing at the entrance to the high school division. The challenges you'll now face are not about your skills and knowledge, but whether you have the wherewithal to survive as a food professional. As a result, 99 percent of you are meant to be sacrifices for honing the remaining 1 percent!"

The students are more shock then ever but not some of the calm students like Kyuzo.

"So you all must remember, incompetence and mediocrity will be mercilessly excised from our student body. A thousand first-year will be whittled down to a hundred by next year, and we can count those who'll advance to graduation on one hand. Aspire to become one of the small handful of those professionals! It should be you!" The students seems regain their hope. "Hone yourself. And wish you all luck."

As he finishes the speech and walk back to the backstage, Kyuzo and Atago applause for the speech he made. "What a such beautiful speech director!" Says Atago as Kyuzo continues, "As of course Tohtsuki only holds the most handful professionals till the end of graduation, but we both have hopes to aim that become true for our future." Senzaemon smiles, "I am counting on you both, and good luck on your speech."

Then suddenly, as the new foot steps echo from the stairs, all students look up and glaze at the black silky hair of Kyuzo, her red ruby eyes, and her white snowy skin. Some student recognize her face and a huge conversation starts, "Oh my lord! It can't be! I can't believe it! Is her, the famous taster and chef with the Tongue of God and Demons, Mifune Kyuzo!" Most of the students doesn't know Kyuzo's famous line but some of them know. As Kyuzo and Atago stand on the stage, they start their first speech.

"I would like to show my greatest greetings to all teachers and students of Tohtsuki Academy, my name is Mifune Kyuzo, born from a Russo-Japanese family in Russia, next to me is my fellow classmate Anzur Atago. We both transfer here from the same school and it is a honor to meet you all." *Atago continues* "We hope we will get use of the culture, environment, and the society between students in Tohtsuki. And wish we all survive till the end and to achieve to the top." They bow after their speech as the students applause.

After the ceremony, while Kyuzo and Atago ready to leave the avenue, they are surrounding by some students who know her and ask for autographs. "I would like to ask you some question about the cuisines you made Lady Mifune." "No, I am first!" "Lady Mifune I hope we can be in the same class today." The crowd is too big as Atago guides Kyuzo out of it.

**************************************************

Far for the crowd, Senzaemon stands and smile with grief, and talk to himself, "As expect as my granddaughter, my dear Kyuzo. Once you stand in this academy, a new era will come to the world of food, you will super pass all people in this school and open your cousin Erina's eyes."