Chapter 43

~A/N~ smut warning near the end of the chapter. You can skip that part if you don't want to read it. Thank you  X

"Camz."

Camila tilted her head up towards Lauren's, nodding. "What is it, babe?" She noticed the nervous look on her girlfriend's face and was instantly plagued with worry. "Laur, what's wrong?"

The green eyed girl made an effort to relax, squeezing Camila's hand reassuringly. "Nothing's wrong," she promised, "but there is something I have to say."

Despite the hint of shakiness in Lauren's tone, Camila was still completely unsuspecting of what was coming. Before Lauren embarked upon the speech that could change both of their lives, she picked up a basket from the sand behind them and opened it. Carefully taking out a bottle of champagne, she grasped two glasses and handed one to Camila.

"What did I do to deserve all this?" the small girl wondered aloud, gratefully accepting the glass from Lauren and jumping slightly when the cork was popped. "Thanks," she said quietly when the drink was poured by Lauren's quivering hands.

"Camz, I need to tell you a story. Will you let me tell you?" Lauren waited with bated breath to hear the younger Latina's answer.

Camila nodded silently, taking a tiny sip of her champagne. Her chocolate eyes stared lovingly at her girlfriend as Lauren began to speak.

"Firstly, I just have to be clear that I didn't write this story. I only observed it as it was happening, and it still continues to go on. Each day is a new page; each week is a new chapter and each year is a new book in the most fascinating and beautiful series." Lauren paused, letting Camila take in her words and admiring the interested expression on the smaller girl's face.

"So when I started reading this story, it was 2012. The second I laid eyes on the girl who happens to be the main character in these books, I was immediately awestruck by her insane beauty. The eyes that, even though they were the color of deep, rich chocolate, reminded me straight away of the ocean simply because of the depth of them. Looking into those ethereal orbs for the first time, I felt like I was intruding upon her soul; her secrets, her memories, her thoughts."

Camila was smiling at her girlfriend adoringly, realizing that Lauren was talking about her. The green eyed girl was looking into her mahogany eyes intently, as if recalling that day when they first met.

"And then she spoke to me. She told me she loved my shirt, and I wanted to tell her right then and there that I was pretty sure I loved her. Even just from hearing her voice, which is utterly unique and mesmerizing, I knew that she would be the girl who would play the leading role in every dream that I had from then on. And I was right. She did. And I looked forward to sleeping each night even more because of it."

"From that moment that I met her, I knew that someone incredibly special had entered my life, and all I wanted to do was to curl up (preferably with her) and read her entire story. But I settled for making myself a part of it instead. Every day that I spent with this girl, I discovered more and more ways in which we were and still are alike. We both care deeply about people. We both get completely lost in conversations and lose track of time when we're talking about a subject we're both passionate about. We both laugh at each other's jokes even when nobody else gets them, which happens quiet frequently."

Camila interrupted, eagerly wishing to add to the list. "We both love The 1975."

"Right," Lauren laughed. "And the more time I spent with her, the more I fell completely in love with everything about her. Not just her face, her voice and her body, although all of those are stunning. But her as a person. I make sure to be quieter when she's in the room because I love to listen out for the deep and poetic things that she says. Getting tired of her words and laughter is physically impossible; I think I might be addicted to the way she thinks and the way her brain works."