Chapter 1: A Typical Day of The Mellark's

I wake to the smell of cinnamon and dill. Peeta. I think. He's probably making breakfast. It's actually funny. Usually it's the woman who cooks, but in this relationship, it's the boy with the bread. I get out of bed, and walk to my children's room. Still sound asleep. The girl, she's beautiful. She looks so pure and innocent as the sunlight hits her face; reminds me so much of Prim. Oh lovely Prim. And the boy, he looks amazing. His ash blond hair perfectly reflects his pure flawless face.

I close their door gently behind me. I go down the hallway to the stairs and find Peeta mixing various spices and herbs in a bowl.

"Morning." I greet him as I walk across the room. "Morning Katniss." he says as he focuses his attention to me and pulls me into his arms.

We just stand there for a while then I give him a little peck on the cheek to break away the silence. "What are you baking?" I ask him. "The usual. Cinnamon buns with a few cheese rolls." he replies as he added a pinch of cinnamon in the bowl.

"I wonder what wouldve happened if we haven't defeated the Capitol?" I flinch as he mentions it. Thats a first. "I wouldn't want to think about a life without you or our children." is all I can say. "Sorry, Katniss." he tells me and for a while, we stay silent again. "What time is it?" I inquire. "Quarter past six." he says. "I'll go hunting first."

I go out the door and grab my hunting jacket and game bag and secure my Mockingjay pin. I jog to the meadow and go under the long uncharged fence. I retrieve my bow and arrow from a hollow log. I walk around for 2 hours and think about why Peeta asked me that. I come back with a mix of a dozen of rabbits, squirrels and some birds. I also bring home some katniss roots. I go to what used to be the Hob "Thank you so much, Katniss." Greasy Sae tells me as I give her 2 rabbits and 1 squirrel as I know she'll need it more than me. I go back home and show Peeta what I've got. "This would be great for breakfast tomorrow, but if I may ask, why do you still hunt? We have all the money to live for longer then we will." he asks as he gets the rabbits and squirrels. "Well, it's just like a sport now. I mean, it's like my place of peace, just like you when you're making bread." I reply. He nods and for a while we're silent again. "Should I wake the children?" I ask. "Sure, I'm just about done baking." I nod.

I go back up the stairs and down the hall to their room. They look so peaceful. It would be a shame to wake them. I first go to the the boy. The boy who is a replica of Peeta, with blonde hair and gray eyes, Cincree. Named after my designer, Cinna who was brutally murdered by President Cornillus Snow's people. Cinna, the thought of him makes me shed a tear. That amazing man that helped me through thick and thin and risked his life to make sure I become the Mockingjay.

"Cincree. Wake up, my little sweet." I say as I nudge him lightly. He opens he's beautiful Seam eyes and yawns. "Mama." he says, and I shriek. "PEETA! PEETA!!! PEETA!!" I scream as loudly as I dare. "KATNISS!! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" he shouts as he runs up the stairs and bursts in the room waking our daughter. "it's Cincree!" I say to him "What?!" he asks panicky. "He said his first word! Say it Cincree!" I say as I nudge Cincree. "Mama." he says again. HE SAID IT! We go in for a group hug while the girl tiredly gets out of bed. I pull her in before she knows what got her.

The girl with the lovely brown hair and beautiful blue leyes is Rueress named after two very important people to me. Rue for her cleverness and for reminding me of Prim. Wiress for helping us and outsmarting the Capitol in the 75th Hunger Games. Thinking about that makes me remember the day when Prim was reaped. Once again, I feel fire catching inside of me. I control myself and remember all the happy times I had with Peeta and my children.

"Time for breakfast!" I say as happy as I can.

We all go down and settle on the dining table and eat the bread quietly. After I wash the dishes, I go back to the table and have classes with the children while Peeta goes and shops for supplies.

As I teach Rueress read, the phone rings and interrupts her as she almost reads "cat". "I'll get it." I say to no one in particular and stand up and excuse myself from the table. It's been very long since we received a phone call. It's probably just another update from the Capitol on how Panem is going but when I answer it, I let out a quiet gasp.

Gale.