Chapter 3: Who is this Woman?! Where Am I?!

I wake up in a forest, and panic. Where am I?! Where is Disctrict Twelve?! My children?! Peeta?! I start running and running wishing this was my forest. The forest I hunt in. Then after realizing it would be no use. I turn back around to where I came from since it's the only safe place (probably). When I reach the place I started, I see there is a tiny tablet with a single button. I instinctively press the button and shriek.

It's the same snake eyes but now, it's a woman.

"Hello Mrs. Mellark." the woman says. She looks like shes in her early 30s and has blond hair and quite a lot of wrinkles, probably from stress.

"I am Corotia Snow, grand daughter of President Cornillus Snow. You destroyed my grand father. You let the whole Panem fall, and i am here to avenge my grandfather's death! You have exactly one week to, find your way back to the Capitol and find the new Hunger Games arena."

I flinch. What is this woman saying?!

"Here you must find a way to enter it and free Mister and Missis Hawthorne and Mister Mellark. After that you must come and retrieve your children from my headquarters. Every day that pasts, the challenges will become worse, for you and for them. I advise you move now or your little family gets it. Oh and your mother, i've got her too. Tick tock. Time is running. Hurry up and may the odds be ever in your favour."

Then the screen turns black. what?! What's happening?! Where's Gale? Where's my family? My mother? What's happening?! Not knowing what to do next I just collapse and sob.

After an hour of sobbing, I realize, she's right, I have to move now or that woman will kill everyone I love. No, no, no. Not this again. Everybody I love is now at risk because of what I did again.

I must move now, but where?

Who knows how long this forest will strech?I guess there's only one way to find out.

I calm myself down--which isn't as easy as it sounds--then start hiking north.

As I walk, I try to think where I could probably be in. After a while, i look for water. I find a small pond and dive in. After walking for several hours, I finally reach a village beside a sea.

"District Four." I mutter to myself.

I walk toward a house and knock gently.

"Hello? Anyone?" suddenly a gasp escapes my lips. Those dark brown hair. The dark green eyes, Annie. She looks around 50 now.

"Katniss?" she says equally shocked as me.

"Yah, it's me." I tell her calmly.

"Where did you come from?" she says questioningly

"It's a long story. I've been walking for hours."

"You must be tired, come in." she says as she pushes me in her home. It looked quite old. There were different fishing tools. From nets to tridents. In one case stood a impressive trident. I could only guess it was the one Beetee made for Finnick.

"What brings you here?" she asks with eyes full of concern. I know I can trust her even if shes quite bedraggled.

I tell her the story from the phone call of Gale, to him, supposedly coming for a visit, how I saw him outside my door shivering and looking remorseful, how I ipassed out and woke up in the middle of the forest, the message from Corotia Snow and how I hiked out of the forest to see where I was. I even added the little touch of what Gale was wearing because it may be essential information later on. As I'm telling the story, I don't even realize, tears streaming from my eyes.

"I feel so sorry for you, Katniss. I don't know what I would've done if I were you. I would've probably killed myself already."

"I really don't know what to do. I put everyone the line again because of my actions." i say as I choke back up a sob. I promised myself I would never do that again, after what happened in the rebellion and the thousands of lives taken because of my actions. I could never repay them. And if you must know, I hate debts going unpayed. "I really am sorry, Katniss. If there was only something I could do."

"Yah, I'm sorry for me too." I start sobbing "Life is just so unfair. What have I done to deserve this?".

"Katniss, I think I may have a plan to get you to the Capitol. I better start calling them up."

"Who? Victors from The Hunger Games?" I see she starts holding in the chair like its her life line while staring at the distance. I realize one second to late that, my question triggered her anxiety. "Oh, no." I say as I start walking to Annie. "No. No. No. Annie. Annie, it's Katniss. Annie. Annie!" I say as I try to coax her back into the world, my voice getting louder and louder. Then suddenly, as if on cue, a man bursts into the door and shoves me away from Annie while tears are still streaming down my face. He goes to Annie, takes her hand and whispers something in her ear. She slowly relaxes after a minute or so. This gesture reminds me so much of Finnick. The way he would coax Annie back from a flash back like its no effort. Finnick. He died. Why? Me. He sacrificed his life for me and I know it's a debt I could never repay. "Who are you?" he demands in a superior voice. "I'm Katniss. Katniss Everdeen." I say as my voice trembles to his superiority. I get a good look at him and I see, He looks like Finnick's twin from 20 years ago. H has the same sea green eyes, brown hair and he's also amazingly fit. "Why are you here? Haven't you done enough to my family? You killed my father and now terrorized my mother!" he screams at me. My voice dosent work. Isn't what he said true? I feel tears going down my face. I hear Annie comeback to normal and pull her son away and to the corner. I don't raise my face, I keep it down because everything he said is true and I know it.

"Why do you trust her, mother?! She killed father!"

"Your father sacrificed his life for Katniss! Without that sacrifice, you wouldn't be alive! You should show her respect!"

After a few minutes of sobbing and fighting, Annie comes near me to calm me down. I hear her say "Come on, Katniss. You did everything right." or "Calm down, Katniss. It isn't your fault." I tune out her words. I think if everything I've done was wrong. Should I have brought my children to the world? Should I have volunteered as tribute for Prim even if she would die anyway? No. I can't think like that. I did what I should. After another hour of crying and coaxing, I finally calm down.

"Katniss, let's get you to bed." she says very motherly to me. I would never expect anyone to be like this after the tragedy that happened with my mother, especially not frm Annie. She pulls me up and I follow. She brings me to a cozy room and to a bed. She carefully lays me down on the bed like I am her own. She tucks me in and I yawn. I allow her to do this since I am tired from all the hiking and sobbing. She quietly leaves the room and I close my eyes and loss conciousnes like I was a child again.