Chapter 4: A Hell Filled with My Family's Hatred

"Katniss!" Peeta screams. His voice full of hatred.

What? What's happening?

"Mommy! Why did you do this?!" a girl screams and i immediately know its Rueress.

Rueress! I try to get it out of my throat, but it isn't working.

"Mama! Mama! Mama!" it's a boy, My boy!

Cincree!

"Why did you kill her, Katniss?" I hear my mother say. Prim. Why did I kill her!? Prim!

"Why did you do this?!" they all say in unison, even little Cincree.

What? Where are you?

"Why, Katniss? Why?" they say again, full of anger.

I start screaming but my voice won't allow it. They all continue for what I can only describe as forever. I keep screaming. I don't dare stop. Maybe someone would hear me and take me out of this hell. This hell, filled with my family's hatred. It goes on and on.

Then I see Corotia Snow.

"May. The. Odds. Be. Ever. In. Your. Favour" she taunts me lingering on every word. I scream my loudest scream and startle myself awake

I stared sweating really hard and panting.

"KATNISS! KATNISS! WHAT'S HAPPENING!?" I hear Annie shout as she bursts into my room.

I start to cry heavily. "Its my family. Why did I do this?! I should've just died in the arena! None of this would've happened!" I say as I recall the dream.

"Then what, Katniss? Would your children exist? would there be peace in Panem? Would there still be continuos dictation? Would there be 23 innocent children dying every year in the Capitols hands?! Would there be peace? Don't you see, Katniss? Though thousands of lives were taken, they were taken for a good cause. From the thousands lost, millions were gained. Everything happens for a reason." she says so wisely, it's not the bedraggled Annie anymore, it is the wise mother Annie, this reminds me so much of Peeta. Peeta, the mere thought of him makes me sob even louder.

It takes nearly an hour to calm me down, and when I do, it's already dawn. I don't dare take the risk of going back to sleep. I get out of bed and to the shower Annie showed me.

I take my clothes off and stand in a warm shower for about half an hour. I turn off the water and dry myself off with a towel. I go back to the room and see Annie layed, some clothes for me to wear. An old shirt, some leggings, and my hunting jacket. I wear the clothes on and they fit perfectly. I look in the mirror, and i see i look like im 17 again. I also see my Mockingjay pin on the side. I pin on the pin , securing it tightly, making sure it won't fall off. It reminds me of Madge, my friend the mayor's daughter, and Rue, my ally in the 74th Hunger Games and District 13. It's my only reminder of home now.

I get out of the room and see Annie heating up something for breakfast. I help her clean up and as I'm cleaning I learn a lot about District Four. Like how she is a merchants daughter while Finnick is part of something like the Seam in District 4. I learn about what the different kinds of fishing tools are around the house and how deadly they could be.

After 2 hours of cleaning, I take a seat on their dining table. Annie's son walks out of a room and kisses Annie on the forehead. He joins me on the table and gives me a glare. If looks can kill, his would, but I'm not scared, my looks can easily out kill his.

. Annie also joins us. She hands as both loaves of bread with seaweed on them. "So, Katniss, I thougt it would be just right to formally introduce you to my son Jerico" she says to me. I guess now is the time to shake hands but instead we just stare at each other like we were Carrers from The Hunger Games.

"Well? Shake hands." Annie demands quite Effie Trinket like.

Both of us stare at each other for another minute, then we reach out for each other's hand. When our hands meet, I feel his are tense and cold. After a second of awkward handshaking, we let go. Jerico gets up, "I have to go to work. I'll see you mother in a few hours." he says.

He goes near me and whispers something, "If you dare lay a finger on my mother, I won't show mercy on you." then he walks away.

The arrogance that man has! Though, I have to admire him for his portectiveness over Annie, which is understandable considering they're the only family each other has. I get the dishes and wash them, then I hear Annie on the phone with someone and it catches my attention.

"Beetee, it's Annie. Could you go here? Mhmm, well, I sort of have one of the most important people to Panem with me. Just come, please? Thanks!!" I notice the phone call is short, and I know why.

Corotia Snow may be watching me right now and for all I know, recorded that conversation. Annie comes back in the room and I see her eyes full of excitement.

"Guess who's coming?" she asks quite playfully. "Who?" i said with a giggle. "Beetee! He's gonna help us with your problem!"

"So you were going to call the Vic--" I cut off short since i know that the mention of anything Hunger Games related may activate her anxiety.

I hear a thud against the door and go near it. When I open the door, I scream.