The Date, Pt. 1

The Date, Pt. 1

It was a big night for you. And as you sat there getting ready for your night out, the windows decided to burst open suddenly.

Cold wind whipped through the room, chilling your bare skin. All that you had covering you was a thin, expensive, cotton black dress. The sleeves were longer, and the dress went down about mid-thigh. You crossed your arms together, shivering at the freezing temperature, and pulled the end of your sleeves to your palms, attempting to warm your hands, but to no avail. Goosebumps managed to creep their way onto your skin regardless.

You scampered haphazardly to the window in black heels, their clacking being heard on the hardwood flooring beneath you. Clickclackclickclackclick- Slamming the window closed, a sigh escaped your lips. The warmth again began to return to the room.

Once again you returned to your previous activity, which was applying your makeup for the night. A layer of foundation, and caked powder already plagued your face, and now all was left was the ever-so-difficult eye makeup.

You started with the eyeshadow, and created a complex smokey eye with a few different shades of dark brown. You then layered on top of that a sharp wing on either eye, both of them damn near perfectly even. This was followed by heavy black mascara. You were rather satisfied with yourself, to say the least. Your outfit was going to drive him crazy, along with that makeup.

A knock was audible from outside your door. Two raps on the doorframe came ringing out.

"Come on in, Castiel!" Your voice echoed through the dim room. The only light on was the one on the dark vanity in which you stood next to.

Cas entered then, and shut the door behind him.

"How are you doing, (Y/N)?" He inquired to you, approaching your vanity calmly.

"I'm okay. I'm just getting ready to go out with Dean tonight." You replied. His content expression went slack at these words, and he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his trenchcoat.

"Oh. I see... well, you look...very nice. I'm sure Dean will be happy when he sees you." He said cautiously, as if he was stepping on eggshells. It was confusing as to why he was doing this.

Shaking your head, you brought your thoughts back to the present, and put the finishing touches on your look, before running over to your closet and grabbing a light jacket.

"Alright, I'm ready. Where is that man, anyways?" You asked Cas with a hint of concern. He shrugged his shoulders, and drew his gaze to the floor, standing awkwardly around.

"Well, I better find him. I do look okay though, right?" You brushed off your dress with your palms. He nodded with a weak and forced smile.

"You will need your purse though, I'm sure." Castiel pointed out, grabbing it from off your bed and handing it to you. You took it from him.

You smiled warmly back, and headed off to find Dean. Your heels clacked through the halls as you walked swiftly around the bunker, to his room. You were surprised he hadn't found you earlier, considering it had taken you all this time to get ready.

You opened the door to Dean's door, and peered inside. What you saw made you roll your eyes. He was asleep, lulled over in his bed. Walking over, you shook his shoulder lightly, trying to wake him.

"Dean? Dean, honey...?" He snapped awake suddenly, and it took him a second to realize what was going on. As he looked at you and your apparel, he muttered to himself, shame in his eyes.

"Shit. I'm s'posed to take you out tonight!" He got up, and rushed to his closet, mumbling 'sorrys' among other apologetic murmurs.

"It's fine. If you could be ready by 7:00, that'd be appreciated, though." You tried to laugh it off. Admittedly, though, a disappointment seared through your chest. You'd worked so hard on your appearance just to find him passed out in his room, after all.