Chpt. 10: Oh my

We rounded the corner and Grillby's suddenly came into view. There weren't all that many people outside, but I could tell that it was bustling inside. 

I said my biddings to Sans, we also hugged, before walking in. I saw all the people inside and suddenly felt out of place. It wasn't too late past 3 o' clock and the place was packed. There were a couple of drunks here and there, too. I shielded myself from view and held the plastic bag with my clothes inside closer to me. I ran towards the kitchen door before stopping short of it. Somebody grabbed the back of my soaked shirt. I turned to face whoever dared to stop me. 

The guy was a dog monster. In one hand he held a lit dog treat and in the other he still held the back of my shirt. I quickly slapped his hand in a way that told him to 'Fuck off'. He just growled and grabbed my arm instead. "What the fuck do you think you're doing, princess?" 

 I hated pet names like that, especially coming from a total stranger. I glanced around the room, trying to see if anyone was willing to step up and help me. Unfortunately, everyone was busy in their own stuff and didn't even acknowledge that I had come in. Everyone except for this fuck nugget. "Going to my damned room, is that such a fucking problem?" I replied as snarky as possible. 

"Last time I checked, Grillby was living alone and was running this place by himself. Besides, I doubt that he would have let some sad little orphan girl live here." He brought his paws up to his face and made a sad look while saying 'sad little orphan girl'. He then returned to his stupid smirk. 

I was about to slap the guys face and make sure that he went to hell before I was pulled back roughly. I glanced up to see who else dared to touch me until I saw that it was Grillby. I turned around and gave Grillby a hug, thanking him for helping. He looked down at me and gave a reassuring smile and returned my hug. "It's alright, Y/n. He shouldn't be laying a finger on you anyways."

He looked up to the dog person and said "If you ever want to step foot in this bar and grill again, I suggest you leave my daughter alone." I had never heard Grillby sound so...tense. He was always calm sounding. My eyes widened when I realized he said 'daughter'. The dog scoffed, stuffed his dog treat in his mouth, and scampered away. I looked up at Grillby. 

"Did you really mean it?" I asked. I never thought that anyone would even ever consider me as a daughter anymore. I started at Grillby as he looked for an answer. He looked just about as confused as I was. I wiggled out of his hold and looked at him properly(when I say that, it means like actually standing in FRONT of someone)

"Yes. I mean, only if you would allow for me to call you that. But otherwise, yes." Grillby stammered out. A wide smile made it's way onto my face as I leaped into Grillby's arms, hugging him. A few tears fell as I snuggled into Grillby. 

"Thank you, Grillby. Thank you thank you thank you." Grillby chuckled.

"It's okay, Y/n. It just feels natural to call you that." I removed myself from Grillby's arms, realizing that I was probably getting him all wet. Grillby was perfectly fine, though. He was all dry. Then I realized that I was dry, too. Huh, being by Grillby must of heated my clothes which caused them to dry. I let out a sigh, it was confusing.

I grabbed my plastic bag off the ground, I must have dropped it when I went to hug Grillby. I headed back to the kitchen, uninterrupted this time. The noise from the bar traveled all the way downstairs to my room. It wasn't that loud, but it was loud enough. I let out a sigh and leaped onto my bed. It was relaxing, though I should probably go upstairs and help with the bar. There's a lot of people up there and only one Grillby. 

I started to feel guilty for leaving Grillby up there by himself. I groaned as I got dressed in my uniform. It was similar to the tux and apron that Grillby always wore. 

(Like this but the woman's uniform

(Like this but the woman's uniform.) 

I walked up the stairs to go help Grillby. When I entered the kitchen, Grillby was cooking something that smelled really good on the stove. "Whatchya making, Dad?" Then I noticed the steam or smoke that was making it's way off of him. It kind of scared me.

Grillby turned around with a smile on his face, well, more on his flames. I couldn't really tell. You could tell that he was smiling, but there wasn't any distinct features on his face. Aside from his glasses. 

"I am making what you guys call fish and chips. I'm making bluegills and homemade potato chips." He moved so I could see the sputtering oil and the breaded bluegills that were in a pan. There was another pan next the pan with the fish in it that had oil in it. "Can you slice some potatoes? I keep them in the cupboard next to the fridge." 

I gave a quick nod in response and turned to the other side of the room to get the potatoes. Like Grillby had said, there were potatoes there. I snatched five decent sized ones and set off to find a cutting board. It didn't take me too long to find one. I started slicing the potatoes so that the pieces looked like little chips. I soon finished cutting the potatoes and gave the slices to Grillby. He dumped them in the pan next to the fish. 

"Do you mind bartending for now? I have everything handled in here." I gave a quick 'yes', washed my hands, and left the kitchen. 

The first person that I saw was Sans. He was sitting at the bar counter and gave me a big grin when he saw me.

(1065 words)