Chapter Four

Her smiles

His laugh

Our love

Those were my serenity

My paradise

In our ride to the restaurant, there was an eerie silence. I looked at them and they were avoiding my gaze. I sighed and doubting if I should ask or if they would tell me the truth. I just ignored the silence and looked at the window.

"It was nothing, V." Quinn said, I stared at him. I nodded. We spent the whole evening in the mall. We shopped and I changed my hair color to black. I don't like my blonde hair. It makes me think that there is really something I don't know about my life.

"See you tomorrow, V. We love you." Cecil said and kissed my cheek. She went back to Quinn's car and glanced at me for the last time. She looked worried but I don't mind. Maybe, she thinks I am still thinking about earlier. If she does, she's right.

"Hi, princess. How was your day?" Dad asked me right after I entered the house. I smiled and sat next to him.

"Tiring but fun. We shopped, ate and I fixed my hair. Isn't it adorable?" I unconsciously touched my hair and smiled at my father. He nodded and removed his glasses.

"You exactly look like your mother again, Via." My dad said sincerely, I smiled. My dad loves me so much because I reminded him about my mother. She is beautiful and graceful. It was devastating when she died.

"Promise me one thing, Olivia." I looked at my dad. I nodded without even knowing what promise will I be keeping but it came from my dad so I need to keep it no matter what.

"Keep yourself safe. I can't afford to lose you." He said and kissed my forehead, I didn't say a word because promising it doesn't feel right when I know it myself that I am about to uncover the past they've been hiding to me.

"I have to rest, princess. I had loads of meetings today. You should rest, too." My father gently ruffled my hair before leaving me in the living room. I stayed there, contemplating about my plan. Who would help me? I know there is more about my past that they won't tell me. Those evidences were enough but not enough to make me remember.

Frustrated, I went back to my room and locked myself. I changed into comfortable clothes before putting the cards and bankbook in my bed.

"Liv Montano." I murmured to myself while searching my closet. I was checking my jeans when I slipped my hand to a pocket and got a key. Following my instincts, I went behind my shoe rack and saw a small vault. I unlocked it and there was a box inside it.

"V, how are you?" I immediately hid the box and run to answer the intercom.

"I'm a bit tired, I'm going to rest now." I answered and the other side felt silent. After waiting for a reply, I got none. So I went back to my business and brought the box to my bed. It is a plain wooden box without any locks.

"Crap." I cursed to myself while holding a gun, oblivious about what kind of gun, I immediately removed the magazine to avoid danger. Why in the hell do I possess a gun? What did I got myself into?

I checked the box and saw more documents with the name of Liv Montano. A passport with my picture on it, birth certificate, visa and other legal documents. I have been forging documents with another name. There were cash with it. Is it an emergency kit? For what? What emergency involves gun and forged documents?

I am completely clueless about my life and it feels like I have been living a lie but why? Why did they have to hide these to me? Or, maybe, why did the past me hide these to them? Who was I? And what were the things I was capable of?

"Princess, you forgot to take your medicines. I thought you were going to rest now." Daniel said, I cursed to myself while gathering all the things I found. I put it under my bed and rushed to open the door.

"I'm sorry." I murmured and harshly take the medicines out of his hands, he looked perplexed and confused.

"Are you okay, V?" He asked, I nodded. I am acting suspicious, I let myself relax and flashed a smile.

"I was sleeping when I heard you so my body is still adjusting to the sudden reflex." I lied, he laughed and kissed my forehead. I locked my door and let out a sigh. I should really start relaxing or else, they'll catch me.

I put the things back where they belong and let myself be swallowed by the thoughts of my past. It felt like I am missing something, I know it now. I need to find it.

"Baby, you look tired." Zach greeted me with a kiss when I went out of the car. I smiled weakly and clung to his arm.

"I'm just in my lazy state." I excused and we started walking to my first class.

"Do you want to go out with me later?" He asked, I felt energetic. At least, I could distract myself with all these secrets. I need Zach, maybe he could help me. Maybe, he knows something. I trust him, maybe my past me still trust him.

"Who am I to decline?" I giggled and he just chuckled.

"You take care, okay? I love you. See you later." He bid me a goodbye and I went inside the classroom. There was few students so I went to my usual seat and started reading the textbook.

"Aren't you studious?" I looked up and saw the guy from yesterday, I smiled.

"I'm just bored." I shrugged and watch him take the seat beside me. I can't help but to admire him. He looks so good and peaceful.

"Is there something on my face?" He raised an eyebrow consciously, I shook my head.

"It's just.." Should I tell him? Or it will creep him out?

"Nevermind." I looked back to my book, I heard him laugh. I swear to any god, that laugh was familiar. I heard it, not from anyone else but him, in my dream. That laugh was making me sleep with a broken heart.

"You know, Olivia, the only person who can tell that you're lying is me." I shot him a surprised look and he beamed a smile at me.

"You can't remember me but that's okay. I'm Kier Superial, it's better if you don't mention me to your friends, we're not in good terms." He offered his hand and I shook it.

"But why? Is that why my family never told me I had a friend like you?" He looked offended, I was about to say sorry but he held my hand. It felt warm, warmer than my friends', my family's, and even Zach's. It was warm and comfortable, I stared at him.

"You don't have to remember." He smiled weakly. Then, right at that moment, I wanted to know. To know him, to know about the line that connects us, to know more about my past.

"I don't know why you can't remember me but it's better this way." He added and let go of my hand. He faced in front and never laid his eyes on me again. What is it about him that makes me home? I shrugged off the thought because I suddenly remembered Zach. I'm with him and I'll never cheat on him.

Kier left the room after that period, I was alone and bothered. I couldn't concentrate on the lesson but instead I was trying to remember even if I know it's useless. After an hour, I went out and saw Zach waiting for me, I greeted him with a smile and a kiss.

"Everything okay, V?" He asked and I odded in reply. We both went to the cafeteria and just let another day passed right under my nose. I got home and let myself breathe for a moment. I needed to relax, I need a break. All these things are swooning me.

I feel like I am just living in the bright side of my life without even knowing what's in the dark side.