Chapter 2

22nd November 2015

Dear Diary,

Today is my 1st anniversary with Jack. The year has been kind of bumpy, what with Astrid needing constant attention and the Miracle Day palava*. It still feels slightly alien to be able to call Jack mine, but I love him more than I had previously imagined possible. I caught the unobtainable man; like lassoo-ing the moon, so to speak. The man who always ran from commitment ran towards me. Strange how these things work out. And now we have a wonderful life and a beautiful daughter, and I don't think anything could make me happier right now.

Well, there is one thing. My nightmares are getting more frequent. And on unlucky nights, they're stronger. I have one every night now, always worse if I've spent a lot of time with Jack during the day. Needless to say, Jack and I spent the day practically glued together, so i'm dreading going to sleep. Also, the nightmares are changing. And the new ones are always about Jack murdering me. Each time it's a different way. He always gets a haunted look in his eyes when I tell him about them, so I can't shake my suspicion that in my dreams, I am slowly but surely reliving every way he has died.

I could elaborate on that idea, but I must stop writing now, as Astrid is crying.

~Ianto.

* A/N: Yes, I have moved when Miracle Day happened. :D Jack was able to postpone it and shut it all down faster, but could not stop it from happening.