Coronations and Ruined Balls

Hello my beauties! Thanks for giving my story a chance, it means so much! This is where the story begins, when Jessica is a 18 year old princess! Yay! Enjoy ~!

Jessica's POV

Coronation day? Best day ever, but never better than serving London as an agent.

My name is Jessica Midford. Mother of course, is the Queen but the only one I have, I always ask her if I had any relatives but she just gets emotional and her adviser tells me not to ask anymore. I really am eternally grateful to Mother for taking me in, she made me absolutely perfect. But when fighting came to me, Mother said I was a natural. To me, it felt normal. Like I was born with it. Maybe my family is a bunch of secret agents? That's why I joined the agency, it was perfect for me, but Mother said I couldn't kill people with my bare hands. It was unlady-like, she said. But I do anyways, because I'm a boss.

In a few minutes, I will be standing in front of all of London. Receiving my crown and giving my speech. I took a deep breath and looked down at my dress. It was a blue fine silk dress that reached past my knees just a bit. I fixed my tiara and stood in front of my people waving and giving a bright smile.

"Ahem, people of London! I am truly honored took be here today! As the new princess, I swear to protect you from any threats London will face! I may not be royal blood, but my Mother The Queen, had told me that my family protected every part of England and never stopped doing their part! I don't know what happened to them bu-but I intend to find them a-and thank them for protecting England... Thank you London!" Screams and cheers filled my ears as I left, wiping my eyes hastily.

"That was pretty intense, Midford." I turned to find one of my partners Lucas King leaning against a wall.

"Where's Tessa?"

"She's getting you a gift."

"She didn't have to."

"Well you deserve it, princess."

"Don't call me that.... I'm just another agent after all." He smirked and brushed back his chestnut hair.

"Sure, sure whatever. Congrats Jessi." He walks towards me with open arms and I jump in for a hug.

"Proud of you, Jessica..." He murmurs.

"Thanks, Lucas.." He pulls away slightly and smirks.

"We gotta hurry up, Tessa will be waiting for you at the dinner dance."

We suddenly hear a high pitched squeal from the other side of the room.

Oh yeah, Tessa. My other best friend and the most hyper and peppy person I have ever met. She's an expert in weaponry and quite the acrobat. Lucas King is the muscle and Britain's best hacker. Both of them are cousins and both dads are royal guards. They are infuriating as they are badass fighters.

"Aren't you guys, ADORABLE!?!? Its like you guys are meant for each other Squeeeee!!!" Tessa Grey jumped up and down squealing with delight.

"Tessa, when will you grow up?" I joked.

"I will when you marry Lucas~!" I mentally face-palmed as Lucas pulled me in closer to him.

"Then we might as well get married now.." He smirked at me and kissed me on the forehead.

"You're such a pain sometimes, King." I chuckled at him as he tried to look hurt.

"Well, enough love proposals! Time to go go gooooo! Oh yeah! I forgot! Here Jessi!" She shoved a paper bag in my arms and gave me the goofiest smile ever.