The Hogwarts Express

For a while the silence was comfortable; staring out windows and hearing the whistle of the train as the other students ran and talked about.
But soon the silence became very awkward, with coughs and quick glances being sent to each other along with the sound of clearing throats.

"Your parents are very kind." Was the sentence to break the silence, and capture the blonde's attention.

"You could say that."  Replied Draco, now turning his head to meet the gaze of Harry,
"So what's it like, living in the muggle world?"  He asked with curiosity painted on his face.

"Nothing compared to this, of course it could have been better if I lived with my parents."  Spoke the smaller boy, turning to look out the window. 

Draco was going to say he was sorry for Harry's loss, even though it was eleven years late, he was going to explain that life with his parents in the magical world wasn't as well, magical but somebody opened the door.

"D'ya mind if I sit with you? All the other carts are full."  Spoke the red headed intruder.

Draco once again was about to speak, about to tell the other boy that he would just have to sit on the floor of another cart before Harry interrupted him,

"No, come on in." He said, making the red head smile before taking the seat across from them.

"Thank you, I'm Ron, Ron Weasley." He said with a smile as he looked at the two boys sitting across from him.

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." Spoke the blonde which caused Ron to snort.

"Malfoy? What kind of name is that?" He said through fits of laughter.

"A very prestigious one, unlike a Weasley, who are as dirty as Weasels." Draco snarled making Ron's smile fall and his laughter hush.

"How about we stop being gits to each other if we're going to survive this train ride, let alone the school year." Spoke up Harry as the other two boys were having a contest to see who could kill the other first just by glaring.

"Fine, why don't you introduce yourself?" Said the freckled boy as he turned to Harry.

"I'm Harry Potter."

The cart fell silent once again.

"The real Harry Potter? Why would you hang out with him?"  Asked Ron causing a snarled look to cross Draco's face.

"Are there fake Potters and why wouldn't I want to hang around Draco? He has more manners than you do."  Answered Harry which made the snarl on Draco's face fall into a smirk.

The redhead was about to answer, and probably rudely, when he was interrupted by a girl with a head of frizzy brown hair quickly slamming the cart door open and sighing.

"At least I have better manners than her."  He spit out tilting his head towards the girl in the entrance way.

She didn't seem to have heard him, or if she did she didn't acknowledge him as she kept on interrupting the conversation the three boys were having.
"Have any of you seen a toad? Neville has lost his and- oh! Aren't you Harry Potter?"  She asked turning to the brunette.

Harry was still trying to get used to this game of his so he didn't answer right away, which lead to Draco answering for him.
"Yes he is, and who might you be?"
"I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger," she sat down next to Ron who rolled his eyes and sighed as if he was going to catch her cooties,
"And you two are?"

"Ron Weasley."  Ron replied scratching the dirt off of his nose.
"Pleasure," Hermione grimaced and turned to the blonde, "your turn."
"Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."  He said with a smirk, expecting some reaction from the witch sitting across from her.
"What an odd name."  Was all she said.

"You're not a pure blood are you?"  Draco sneered as he stared down Hermione.
"Pure blood? What are we cats? Well if you must know both of my parents are muggles."  She replied quite stifle knowing what was to come.

"Filthy mudblo-"
"I think Ron's dirtier than her."  Harry interrupted and the cart burst into laughter as Harry unknowingly saved Hermione the embarrassment of being called a mud blood and Draco from being cursed.