Settling In

"Alright first years follow me!" Yelled the head boy of Slytherin.
Draco and Harry tagged along at the tail of the group, making sure to get a good view of everything, from the paint strokes on the moving portraits to the strings tugged out on the moving stairs, the two boys were engrossed with the magical environment they were surrounded with.

They only realized they had arrived at their dorms when Harry accidentally walked into the boy standing in front of him.
The boy turned around and Harry all but whimpered, he looked nearly exactly like Dudley's goons, did he act like them too?
"Hey! Watch where you're going! You might run into Snape and nobody wants to run into him." The larger boy spoke.
Harry nodded his head, grateful that he wasn't  threatened or beaten, then backed up to join Draco at the back of the group once again.

Draco patted Harry on the back and spoke to him, "That's Goyle, he didn't mean to come off rude he was just warning you."
Harry was going to reply but was cut off by the Head boy shouting to the group of first years.

"Everybody listen up! After the first week I don't want any of you coming to me asking for the password to the dormitories so listen closely," he turned to face the portrait hanging on the wall, "Pureblood."  The man in the portrait nodded before the canvas swung inwards to reveal a common room with a green and silver aesthetic.
"Well don't just stand there, come on!"

Draco and Harry ran up to their sleeping quarters with Crabbe and Goyle behind them

Draco and Harry ran up to their sleeping quarters with Crabbe and Goyle behind them. Their luggage had already been dropped off at the foot of each four-poster bed.
"Wow." Harry mumbled under his breath. He had just moved from the closet into his own room but it was nothing like this. If his room was like this back at the Dursley's he wouldn't really mind sharing with Dudley even! That would never happen thankfully, Dudley would only share his garbage.

Draco found his luggage a bed away from Harry's which made him uncomfortable. "Goyle," he spoke as he grabbed his trunk, "trade beds with me."
Goyle looked at Draco with a confused look, he was already out of breath from running up the stairs.
"Why?"
"Because..." Draco has to think of an excuse fast. He couldn't just say that he wanted to move so he would be closer to Harry.
"Because I want to be closer to the bathroom, you know how I am with feasts." Draco lied.

Goyle tiredly, and reluctantly, dragged his trunk behind him to his new bed while Draco did the same.
"Pleasure doing business with you." The blonde joked as he took a mock bow.
"As well as you." Goyle tiredly muttered, throwing his hand up behind him.

Once everyone was done unpacking Draco looked up rather excitedly

"Do you all want to play some games?" He asked with a smile as bright as his hair. Crabbe and Goyle yawned as they both shook their heads.
"Sorry Dray, but we're too tired to do anything but sleep." Crabbe Spoke searching through his trunk for his pajamas.
Draco looked for Goyle for confirmation but he was already coming out of the bathroom with his on.

Harry turned and saw the bright smile twitch into a pout before being replaced again, "I guess today has been exciting, let's just go to bed." Draco said with less enthusiasm in his voice.

Once Crabbe took his turn changing it was Harry's. He quickly grabbed his pajamas and headed into the bathroom.
It was a nice bathroom, a very nice bathroom. He almost forgot what he was in there for when he felt the fabric against his fingers. Right, he needed to change and be fast. Draco still needed to change and he didn't want to seem like he wasn't used to bathrooms of all things.

Quickly, he threw off his robes and slid into his pajamas before walking out of the bathroom with robes in hand.
Harry was greeted with the site of Draco already changed into his pajamas. He didn't question it, probably some spell he knew or something. Putting away his robes, Harry turned back to face Draco again and found him sitting on the other's bed with his legs crossed.

Draco sighed as he sat with his legs crossed, how was he supposed to sleep now? Usually he would play games with his father or cuddle with his mother but nobody wants to play games and he doesn't believe that anybody is very keen on being cuddled up to.

"Are you okay?" A voice brought him out of his thoughts. Harry was still up and just sat down on his bed.
"Aren't you going to bed?" Draco asked with a raised eyebrow at the way he was sitting on top of his covers and not underneath them.
"No," the brunette shook his head slightly, "I'm used to hearing a lullaby, as weird as it sounds."
Draco smiles at the image of Harry asking for his caretaker to sing him the requested song. "What was the lullaby called?" The blonde asked, fully aware that he was avoiding his own excuse for insomnia.

"I don't know." Harry started playing with the blanket he was sitting on, "It was never sung to me, only to my cousin. But I heard it through the vents and it made it seem like maybe we were equals." He muttered.
Draco was confused, why wasn't he sung the lullaby? Well he's going to get a damn lullaby tonight.
"What was it about?" He inquired with a new found need to sing this song.
"A valley, down in the valley." Harry responded slowly, as if trying to pull the words out of the deepest parts of his memory.
"Down in the valley? The valley so low?"
"Yeah! That's the one!" Harry yelled causing Goyle to stir in his sleep.

When Goyle finally stopped moving Draco turned his attention back to Harry.
"I'll make you a deal." His mouth was faster than his head, "If I sing this song to help you sleep, you will cuddle me so I can sleep." He regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth.

Harry looked as if he was sucker punched with an algebra problem. It took him thirty solid seconds before he responded, "O-okay, sure."
He saw Draco let out a sigh of relief as he made his way over to the brunette's bed.
Harry lifted the blankets so he was under them and there was also enough room for Draco. The blonde slid in next to Harry, who has a little shorter than the other, and took the role of the big spoon before softly singing.

Down in the valley
The valley so low
Lay your head over
Hear the wind blow

Oh write me a letter
Write it with care
Write me a letter to Birmingham Yale

Oh send me a letter
Send it by mail
Send me a letter to Birmingham Yale

I'll build me a tower
Forty feet tall
So I can see her
As she rides by

Oh down in the valley
The valley so low
Lay your head over
Hear the wind blow