Settling in

Hey guys. I just wanted to thank everyone for giving my story a go. I have 43 views now...never knew that I could make it over 10. So, thanks a lot. Please stick around!

-Lea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up it took me a while to realize where I was. The room was nothing like the one I had back at home but I liked it quite a lot. Most of the room's decor was done in black and gold which made it look very classy. A comfy bed, the one I was currently lying in, was in between two shelves that had various decorative items. A study table and a gorgeous vanity were on the opposite side of the room. There was also a walk-in closet and an en-suite in the room.

As I was resting on the bed I realized I had never received the letter that was mentioned in the note. The thought didn't bother me much now that I was convinced that I wasn't going crazy so I decided I would ask Rosie for it later.

I could have stayed in bed forever if only my stomach didn't start growling every time I shut my eyes. So, my hunger won and made my way downstairs with an aching leg. As soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs, the aroma of blueberry pancakes filled my nose. When I looked for the source of it, I saw Rosie in the kitchen humming the tune of an unknown song while piling up pancakes on the table.

"Morning Rosie." I greeted her as I sat on one of the high chairs next to the counter.

"Morning," she replied cheerfully. "I'm making some blueberry pancakes. I hope you like it."

"Thanks, Rosie. It smells amazing." 

With that, she started piling up the pancakes on the plate with an enthusiastic smile.

After having my breakfast, I rushed upstairs to get ready for the day. I was going to go around the town today and see if I can manage to meet any of my favorite characters.

When I made my way to the closet, I was surprised that all the clothes were roughly of my size. Taking in the cold weather in mind, I picked out a jumper, black jeans, and boots. The plain attire should keep the attention off me but it was quite a small town after all. 

After taking a long shower, I put on the on the clothes and picked out a few accessories from the drawers of the vanity and changed the bandage using the first-aid kit in the bathroom cabinet. I tied my hair in a high ponytail and made my way to the living room.

Rosie was now busy doing some cleaning but as soon as I came down, she took a small sling bag from the table and gave it to me. When I opened the pouch, I saw my phone and cash in it.

"You left the phone on the table last night so packed it in the bag along with the bills that were sent to you by your aunt," she explained with a kind smile when she saw how confused I was.

"Thank you so much. I don't know what I'd do without you." I said and I meant every word as she had gone above and beyond to help me settle in. "I was planning to head out for a bit. I hope that's not a problem."

"Absolutely not my dear. The school doesn't start until two weeks later. Enjoy your day but take my number first. Don't hesitate to call me."

School. Right. 

With all the madness going on, I never thought that I would have to attend a school like a normal teenager. Meeting new people and making new friends sounded like a lot of trouble. I hope Mystic Falls High School didn't have many bullies.

"Ye..yeah sure. See you. Bye!"

To the Mystic grill.