chapter two

Thomas carried his easel, paintbrushes and colours outside. The perfect place to paint was the balcony. There he could see the stars very well. They were so beautiful and bright. And the moon was so big and lightened everything. The view was breathtaking.

   He sat down and let his eyes to glance at the sky a bit before he started to paint. He took a fat paintbrush and coloured almost all the easel in the dark blue and black colour. He added some purple stripes too. Then, he took the thinnest brush he had and tipped it in the white colour. Thomas looked at the sky, thinking, how to catch the stars perfectly. First, he looked for the Big Dipper to find the Polestar, the brightest star in the entire sky.

   But then, his eyes stopped on the brightest star he had seen in his entire life.

   One house away from him, a boy sat on the sill. His legs swung over it and he looked right at the stars. But Thomas looked at him. He had never seen such a perfection. The boy's eyes were breathtaking, his lips were perfect and a gentle breeze moved his beautiful blonde hair. Thomas couldn't take his eyes away from him. He was so beautiful. Like an angel. The boy moved himself a bit and smiled softly. Thomas felt how he melted. He had and angelic smile too. Even his jawline was pretty. It was dark, but somehow, Thomas knew that his cheeks were rosy. The moon deified his face. All stars paled next to him. Even the Polestar.

   Thomas sighed. He was so beautiful. His paintbrush had stopped and easel sat sadly on the balcony. Thomas had stopped painting, but now he continued it and drew one darker figure to the down right corner. It was the boy.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

   Thomas continued painting till the sun started to come up. The boy went inside and that made Thomas sad. He didn't want him to leave. But he couldn't do nothing to stop him. He was scared to yell and catch his attention. Maybe he shouldn't be there and yelling would wake his parents up and they would punish him? Whatever it was, Thomas didn't want to risk. He took his things back inside and went to sleep.

   But his dreams were only about him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

   A knock on the door woke him up.

   "Who's this?" Thomas asked drowsily.

   "Me."

   "Who's me?"

   "Minho."

   "Oh." Thomas threw the blanket away and jumped up. "Wait! I'm already coming!" He hadn't change his clothes from last night so he didn't have to look for the dressing gown. Thomas ran to the door and opened it. Minho walked in, hands in pockets. He examined Thomas' paintings and whistled.

   Thomas frowned. "Why do I have this strange feeling that something is going on?" He asked suspiciously.

   Minho laughed. "Yep, you're right. Something is going on."

   "What is it?"

   "Sonya wants to throw a party!" Minho said happily.

   Thomas was confused. "Who's Sonya?"

   Minho sighed and put a hand on Thomas' shoulder. "That, my friend, is a thing that you'd know if you'd go outside sometimes."

   Minho was right on that one. Thomas didn't really go out very often. He stayed days in the house and when someone lucky saw him on the streets, he was usually heading to shop to buy some food.

   Thomas sighed. "Just tell me."

   "A few days ago, a new family moved here. They have one son, daughter, that's Sonya, and mum and dad, obviously. They seem to be very nice people to me so I think you should come too."

   Thomas looked at him, giving a sign that he wasn't interested. Not at all.

   "I'm not a party person."

   Minho let out a long, weary, sigh. "Listen. It's not good for you to sit in here all the time. You should come out sometimes. I can bet that this family would be very happy to see you there."

   "Okay..."

   "YES!" Minho yelled and hugged Thomas who had to step a few steps backwards to not to fell over.

   "I didn't promise nothing."

   "I know you too well to know that you will come." Minho smirked. "You should bring some kinda present too. Like cupcakes or flowers. Sonya loves cupcakes."

   Thomas raised his eyebrow.

   Minho laughed. "You said that you'll maybe come so..." He looked at Thomas hopefully.

   "I don't know will I come or not so don't hope too much, okay? And if I'll come I'll bring something with me for sure. Now, enough for this topic. I'm tired." He rubbed his forehead. "Did you want something?"

   Minho shook his head. ,, Nope. That was all." He walked to door, waved to Thomas for a good bye and left.

   Thomas walked slowly to his bed and went back to sleep.