chapter three

Thomas heard the music to his house. The party was on. He held a pack of cupcakes in his hand and approached the house. He tried to calm down but failed at it. The thing was, that Thomas wasn't a party person. He never were. He thought that parties were only full of shouting, there were too many decorations and the music was way too loud. No, parties weren't for him. But, Minho wanted him to come and it was nice to check out the new neighbors so he didn't have a choice.

   He reached the house and knocked lightly on the door. One girl with blonde braid opened it and looked at Thomas with a shining smile.

   "Are you painter Thomas Biles?" She asked friendly. She was probably Sonya, the girl whose idea was to throw a party. But Thomas didn't have any idea how the girl knew who he was. Did she guess? Or knew already? Or did someone tell her? Thomas smirked. It was probably Minho.

   He nodded. "Yes.  And you can say Thomas." He smiled and tried to pretend like he wanted to be there.

   "Okay. I'm Sonya. Nice to meet you." They shook hands.

   "Nice to meet you too."

   It was an awkward silence between them for a few seconds. Sonya broke it.

   "Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm a very terrible host. Come in!" She offered.

    Thomas stepped into the house. Then, he remembered the cupcakes. He turned around and gave the pack to Sonya.

   "I heard you like cupcakes."

   Sonya shined like a disco ball. "Thank you so much!" She said while accepting cakes. "Go, walk around, find your friends and have fun. We will eat the cake soon!" She said and ran into the kitchen.

   Thomas looked after her and smirked. Okay, maybe this party wasn't so horrible after all. There weren't so many people too like he had expected. Only all village habitants. Thomas walked around the rooms and gazed at the decorations. Maybe he could get some good painting ideas from here. There were a lot of different trimmings. Few of them were triangles, some were flowers and some were just colourful stripes hanging from the ceiling. The disco ball shed soft colours everywhere and somehow all this looked very beautiful.

   "Hey." Thomas felt a slight tap on his shoulder and turned around to see that it was Minho.

   "Glad you came." He said.

   "You wanted me to, so I couldn't say no. And, it's not so bad at all." Thomas admitted.

   "See?" Minho said happily. "If you don't try, you won't never know."

   "Yeah, yeah." Thomas laughed.

   He was happy, but his mood changed within a second when the music got louder and hurt Thomas' ears.

   "Whoa!" Minho shouted. "That's music! Thomas, you...Thomas?" Minho looked around, confused. Where did Thomas go?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

   He rushed upstairs, wanting to get away from this terrible sound. Everything was perfect, but this just ruined everything. He knew that this sounded sillyly, but he wasn't a party person after all. It made him sad. How could everyone else enjoy this and he could not? Maybe a quiet and ordinary routine life was more his type?

   Thinking like this, he had reached upstairs rooms and rushed into one room, closing the door right behind him. It was dark. Thomas leaned his back against the door and slide down slowly. The music was quiet now and he could barely hear it. That was a good thing.