A Broken Promise

1

Jeon Jungkook is a very shy boy. His father abandoned him and his mom for another women. He swore he would make his father regret what he did to them. He lived in a humble home and his mother loved him very much. Not knowing that in this one particular day, his life would change.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Kookie, wake up, dinner is ready!" I could hear my mother shout from outside my room.

Hi, my name is Jeon Jungkook, I am still 7 yrs. old but as you can see, I am quite smart for my age, that's because my mother was the one who taught me. We had no money to pay for school since my father abandoned us, but I swore that I will someday be as successfull as him!

I sat up from my bed and stretched. I smiled as a ray of sunshine hit my face.

"Come on, Kookie! I made your favorite~"

My eyes shot open as I rushed towards the door and opened it, dashing past my mom.

"BANANA MILK SHAAAAKE!!"

I screamed while dashing towards the table where my supposed breakfast was going to be, only to see bacon and eggs.

I frowned. I got tricked again.

I can hear the faint laugh coming out from the mouth of my mom.

"Omma!" I pouted.

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry." Omma smiled sweetly.

I pouted even more while crossing my arms to my chest.

"What am I going to do with you?" Omma giggled.

"Play with me!" I beamed at my mom.

"Okay, okay, after you finish your food" Omma was about to go upstairs but a knock from the door was heard.

We both looked towards the door.

Omma slowly made her way to the door and opened it cautiously only to reveal a pale, black-haired, petite boy.

I looked at the boy with curiousity not knowing how this moment can turn my life around if I wasn't careful with my actions.

"C-Can I pl-please stay th-the night..? I-I promise to be a go-good boy..." The boy whimpered.

"Uh-Uhmm!" Omma stuttered.

"Omma, can we keep him!?"

I suddenly popped my head out at the back of my mom, startling the boy.

"W-Well... we don't have enough money to raise another child in the family, sweetie." Omma answered still looking shook as to what's happening now.

"Pleeeeeaaaasseee..???" I gave her puppy dog eyes knowing she can't resist it.

"Okay, okay, but keep him entertained for now, I'll fill up the adoption form, is that okay with you, sweetie?"
Omma looked towards the boy.

The boy's eyes widened as he frantically nodded.

"What's your name, sweetie?" Omma asked.

"I-I can't remember.." The boy mumbled.

Omma smiled and nodded while rushing upstairs to reserve an interview for adoption online.

I walked towards him and smiled my bunny smile or as mom would like to call it.

"Are you okay? You seem to be crying." I gave him a worried look.