Penny for your thoughts?

YOUR P.O.V
I've been on tour with The Vamps for a couple weeks now, staying on a bus with New Hope Club. I've had a great time so far and we're only about halfway through, which means more time to get close with George Smith, the cute one from New Hope Club. Of course, all 3 are super cute, but there's something about George that makes me like him just that little bit more. I just can't put my finger on it.

It's not like it matters anyway. He definitely doesn't like me back. Although tonight, it doesn't matter for a different reason.

I saw something on a fan account this evening, and it properly fucked me up to the point where I'm completely reconsidering life itself.
I don't want to talk about it now. It's creeping me out.
I began to think about it at around 5pm, and it's been bugging me all evening. It's why I'm lying here at 3am, still awake and trying to settle myself. I just can't.

I decided to make myself a warm drink to help me sleep. This is more difficult than you think when you're sharing a relatively small bus with 7 people, 1 of which you have a massive crush on.
I slid out of my bunk, being careful not to brush to hard against the curtain to George's bunk. Silently, I tiptoed past Reece, Blake, Ben and Tanner, their bunks completely still and quiet.

I reached the back lounge, sitting on one of the large sofas and deciding to just think. Maybe the cramped space of my bed was making me feel a bit funny.

I mulled over all the thoughts I'd been having, leaning into the hand that I placed upon my forehead. I closed my eyes, looking for a better focus. I squeezed them shut. Nothing made sense to me now.

I heard the door to the lounge open, and a tall figure walk in. "Y/n?" They whispered, their voice deep and husky, like I'd woken them up.
"George? What're you doing awake?" I asked, feeling bad in case it was my fault he was awake.
"You're on the bunk above me, I know when you're moving around,"
"Oh," I mumbled back, "sorry,"
"Don't worry, I couldn't sleep anyway," he said, making me feel better instantly.
We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. He was leaning back against the sofa, I slumped forwards. His arm slinked behind me but I never once looked over to him, even though I could feel his eyes burning into me.

He used his other hand to reach over to a small ledge on the side, picking up something and offering it to me.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked, a shiny 5p sat in his oddly soft palms.
"George, that's a 5p," I corrected him, smiling a little.
"It'll do," he smiles cheekily, nudging it towards me once more.

I took it, ready to pour my heart out to him in the tour bus back lounge.

"Today I realised that nothing fucking matters. You could have the best life, or even the worst one, and it could all be over without you knowing in less than a second. I worked hard to be here, to be on this tour bus. But tonight I knew, it really doesn't matter at all.
"We work hard to entertain, and people almost worship us. In the end we'll all end up the same; dead.
"Why do people make out that everyone has a different value, if it's not going to mean anything at the end of it all anyway?" I turned to look at him, and he was already staring.

I sighed. He probably thinks I'm right weird. We sat in silence again, shorter this time, and it was me who decided to pipe up.
"Penny for your thoughts?" I laughed at my own words, holding out the 5p.
He took it from me reluctantly, rolling it between finger and thumb. I could see his rough fingers and short nails and I swooned a little inside, not giving away my feelings through my facial expressions.

"I don't have much to say," he began. "All I'm thinking about is you".

He kissed me then, sweet and slow, before I nestled down against his shoulder.
"Fall asleep here, y/n. I'll carry you back when you're ready," he muttered into my hair, quickly pecking my head before I closed my eyes and tried my hardest to sleep.

GEORGE'S P.O.V
I smiled at the girl asleep upon me, thinking about what she'd told me when I heard a shuffling noise outside.
"George? Y/n? Are you in here?" Ben called, obviously worried about us.

"Shh," I quietened him as he pushed the door open, gesturing to y/n.

"I'll let you two sleep," he mouthed, before heading back to his bunk.

And then I felt contempt. I've never been happier, I don't think.

——————————
I'M SO BAD AT UPDATING AND IM SORRY

bit different to normal but enjoy :)

I got added to a gc yesterday (heyyyy girls if you're reading) and oml I love them all already

ALSO THE MEDICINE STUDIO VERSION AND 'THE CLUB' APP COME OUT TOMORROW DHEIWJEISIS I CAN'T FOOKING WAIT

love you all

xx