A Break

TYLERS POV
I am awaken by the smell of pancakes and pop my head up, eager for food.

As soon as my head pops up I get head rush from moving too quickly.

"You good Ty?" I hear a deep yet welcoming voice say as my head slows down and my eyes meet with Chris.

"Ya, thanks for letting me stay here" I reply to him as he reaches for my hand.

I take his hand and stand up, almost tripping on wood.

"Sorry, watch where you step I'm building something at the moment" he says as I grip onto his shoulder, tripping once more.

"What?" I say as I catch my balance, releasing him from my grip.

"See I make surfboards and beach charms. Right now I'm working on a surfboard" he says as he motions for me to follow him.

I nod my head as I follow him downstairs and into a little room.

As soon as I enter the little room I notice tons of almost complete surfboards that have no design.

"They are all blank" I say as I walk around, feeling the texture of each surfboard.

"Ya, I'm amazing at building different types but design isn't my thing" he says and I glance over to him as he awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.

"I have tons of designs, maybe I could help. I love designing things" I cheer as I calm down, realizing how much of a fool I just made of myself.

"That would be awesome, feel free to decorate any of them. But my parents own the official shop, I just help around with building and stuff" he replies, giggling at my actions before.

"I'd love to. Do you think we could visit some time?" I ask and he politely nods his head.

"How about today? They'll be closed for the week because they're traveling to Dubai" he says and I almost instantly nod.

"Sure, but I should go home and change first" I say and he nods, leaving the room.

I follow him and quickly put my shoes on and head out the door.

He comes behind soon after and unlocks the car, allowing me to get in the passenger seat.

I climb in and shut the door behind me gently then buckle myself in as he does the same.

After driving in silence I get tired of it and decide to play music.

"Do you have an aux chord anywhere?" I ask as I search for it.

He opens a little cabinet and hands me the chord.

I giggle and plug it in, playing music.

I dance to a little bit of songs before we arrive at my house.

"I'll come later, I gotta get myself dressed too" he says as I step out of the car.

"Thanks for everything, you're actually really nice" I respond as I give him a smile before handing him his phone and shutting the car door.