Chapter One

[-Eren POV-]

I kicked a rock in front of me and let out a heavy sigh. Rejected from another job interview again? This fucking sucks. I've applied for at least twenty jobs by now, and barely anyone has spared me or my resume a second glance. It's hard enough for Mikasa to provide money for our family on her own, I really need to get a job.

Since mom died, Grisha, or my 'father' has been draining all of our money for drugs to inject into his veins. There's nothing me and Mikasa,  my sister, can do about it, because when we try to, he hurts one of us. I let my mind zone out over my current station when someone grunted.

Startled, I looked up to see a well built raven haired man standing not to far from me with a pissed off expression.

"Oi, brat. You think you can just kick something at me and get away with it? I outta pound you into the gravel for that. Tch." He snarled, glaring at me.

"Sorry, shorty,  don't get your dick in a twist, it wasn't on purpose." I retorted at him, feeling anger rise in my throat. He stepped up closer to me with a menacing look in his eyes, grabbing me by the collar of my shirt and hoisting me up a bit into the air.

"Excuse me? Don't ever talk to me like that again." He growled, spitting in my face. My ears heated up in anger as I looked the ravenette in the eyes and shoved him backwards,  causing him to lose his grip on my collar. I turned away and flipped him off, walking the way I needed to go. Before I'd manage stepping even a yard away, he swung his fist at me, making me jump back startled, dodging his hit.

"What the fuck is your problem? I kicked a fucking rock at you, not a bomb. Now can you please leave me the hell alone?" I was getting even more pissed of every second this dragged on, and I could tell he was too. Before I could dodge it, he left kicked my gut and turned heel to walk away, muttering something under his breath. I clutched my stomach and gritted my teeth. He'd hit me in an old bruise Grisha had given me the previous week.

There was only one thing I wanted to do at this point, which was dance. Dancing was one of the only things that calmed me down, it made me feel free. Sadly, I don't get paid for dancing,  but it didn't stop me from occasionally street performing. I sighed and started walking towards Ann Street in front of a popular park where I'd be street dancing.

I say down my messenger bag on the ground next to me in the grass and took out my phone and speaker. Setting it up, I noticed a small crowd had gathered near me and settled themselves in the grass to watch me dance. I recognized a few of them, I danced quite often here, so people were often anticipating my next performance.

I put a small jar on the sidewalk in front of me for tips and put my accessories on.  These consisted of my pocket chains, a black jacket, and putting in my lip piercing. Satisfied with my appearance, I clicked a song on my phone and a slow beat started to drum from the speaker.

I started with simply stepping back and forth, cris-crossing my legs and doing occasional step sequences. I put my hands in front me and swayed my hips to the beat as more people started watching. I shook off my jacket and slowly descended backwards, landing on my back and spun on the ground a few times, earning cheers from the crowd.

Feeling the beat resonate throughout my body, I continued to dance for a while until I noticed someone glaring at me from the crowd. I faltered,  realising it was the same guy who'd hit me earlier. What, was here to ridicule me? I thought to myself. Before I could comprehend what was going on some of the crowd had circled around the short ravenette and were chanting.

Levi, Levi, Levi..

Confused, I faltered and stopped completely. "Fine I'll dance for you." I heard the ravenette say with a heaved sigh. Maybe he was a dancer too? I internally groaned, I didn't feel like dancing with him around. There were murmers from the crowd and then very distinctly,  I heard someone say 'dance off.'

My eyes widened in shock as I realised what they wanted.  All of them were looking at either me or Levi with expectant eyes, hoping to see a dance off. I was hesitant, but he slowly approached me and outstretched a hand, confused, I shook it. He reached for my phone and played a song on it, and started  dancing.

I reluctantly performed a serious of step sequences and waited for him to respond. As he started swaying his hips and dancing, he took off his hoodie and put a metal chain around his neck. I watched him dance, waiting for when it would be my turn to dance. He put a hand on his hip and put his other hand by mine, low-fiving it. I took this as the symbol meaning it was my turn and I dropped to the ground.

Spinning and doing backflips while on the ground I noticed Levi had started doing the same thing, but slightly different. He looked bored already and outstretched his arms taking his shirt off. I stopped dancing, it was his turn, and watched. He swung his hips back and performed a series of hand movements directed at our crowd.

People applauded and he stopped dancing, passing the turn onto me. I did an outro dance and allowed him to end it. After our performance I sat down to relax as the crowd died down. I layed my body back and closed my eyes when I heard someone cough.

My eyes fluttered open in shock, I wasn't expecting anyone to be there. Levi was standing off to the side with an annoyed look, glaring down at me. I pulled myself up to sit in the grass and met his gaze.

"Yeah? What is it?" I asked him, slightly annoyed, but interested.

"You don't dance half bad for a brat." My cheeks flushed, embarrassment and annoyment fueled me. Who is he to call me a brat?

"I'm not a brat, and if that's all you wanted, please leave. I'm trying to relax." I told him earnestly, I honestly didn't want him around me, but something was tugging at my gut, begging him to stay.

He tched and flicked a card from his pocket on the grass beside me. I picked up with interest and looked it over.

[¤FREEDOM DANCERS STUDIO¤ RECRUITING NEW MEMBERS(309-XXX-XXXX)]

I looked up where Levi had been previously standing, but I was shocked once again to see he was no longer there.

Huh, professionally dancing? Interesting.