Getting to know The Broken Boy

. "Hello class. Today we will be getting to know each other more and I will split you into pairs." Mr. Kendrick explained. "James and Kylie are our first group then it's Jack and Mackenzie and Mae and Jessie... "he continued to shout names as I looked at this mystery kid who's name is James as I just found out. "Hi, I'm Kylie." I said as he looked up at me with soft brown eyes. "Hi." He said his voice low and gently almost as if he were afraid. "I don't know anyone here I recently moved here so I may as well get to meet new people." I explained. "Well to save you time and sadness I must say be careful as mostly everyone here is fake, backstabbing, gossipers, who have nothing better to do than shout insults at you as you walk down the hallway." He explained. "Hey broken boy who's your new girlfriend!?" Some kid in the back of the class shouted as everyone turned to stare at us and laugh. I got up angry at the fact this school has these kinds of people in it. I turned as I glared at the kid who said that. "Can you shut up for once. It's obvious you don't have a life but it doesn't mean that you have to interrupt ours." I said receiving the classic set of "oohs" from the rest of the class as I sat back down. "That's one way to deal with it." James said with a small smile forming on his lips. "Thanks." He said barley looking up at me. "Anytime." I said smiling.

• lunch •

"Hey sis." Kyle said slinging his arm around my shoulder. "Hey." I replied grinning. "How's the first day going for ya?" He asks smiling a bit. "It's going good I've already realized this is going to be a interesting year." "And why is that?" He asks curious. I sigh as we walk to the lunch line as I tell him the events that has already happened that day considering it's only fourth period and there are seven periods in a day I assume there will be more events yet to come. " Wow, I didn't even think a such nickname existed for a guy and am shocked at how the teacher didn't say anything like back at our old school as well as for the rest of the day. I didn't know you could have classes with someone that many times in a row." He says shocked as we wait to get our food. What he's talking about is I have James for all my classes since we looked over our schedules but so far everyone has been calling him "broken boy" and I haven't had the courage to ask why yet. All I really know is that he is a shy person and he's a great guy i don't understand why people hate him. I guess I'll find out soon won't I.

Hey guys I am so so so sorry I could not post yesterday as I planned to. I was going to post once I got home from school but I completely forgot. Thankfully I remembered today and was only a day late. I now have a alarm set on my phone to remember to post. Meanwhile I know this is a somewhat short update but it's more of a filler just so you guys know about James. They mentioned how their old school said something about bullying and yes it has something to do with the story but we will not get into that yet. I love you guys hope you had a amazing day byeeeeee😁😁.

~Destiny