Chapter Twenty-Four | Party

Spencer and Jess announced that they were a couple three nights later. We had all watched them go from timidly holding hands to wrapping their arms around each other occasionally to full on kissing in public in these days time, so it was not unexpected.

When I had asked Jess what happened to make things better between them, she had told me that Spencer had gone to her when she was alone and apologized for everything. He'd told her how sorry he was, the felt like a jerk and that he wished he could take it back. Then he'd carefully explained what had happened and that he planned to refuse but she'd told him she loved him and it had caught him off guard. She then started balling and he'd held her and then told her he was in love with her and that was that.

I had to admit, Spencer had a way with words and I hardly doubted that someone could be angry enough with him that they would hold their own when he wrapped his arms around her and told her he loved her. Maybe it was the accent. Girls do love British accents.

 On the same day that they announced their official courtship, Gabriel brought a boy home.

"AMELIE!" A high pitched voice squealed, accompanied by heavy banging on the door. Katie gave me a very unimpressed face and I rushed to open the door, glancing as the clock as I walked by it. It was seven o'clock at night.

I was not surprised to see Laurie outside my door, huffing and puffing and grinning hugely. "What?" I asked.

"It's happened." She said, excitedly.

I got nervous. "What's happened?"

She pulled my arm, not replying and we ran together down the stairs, to the boys' floor. We slowed down when we reached the second floor and then stopped in front of Gabriel's door. I listened but didn't hear anything.

"He's got a boy in there." Laurie said, matter of factly.

"Well, his roommate is a boy, I think..." I said, not seeing where she was going with this. "This is a boy's floor..."

She shook her head. "No, Amelie. He's got a boy in there. Like a real boy."

"As opposed to a fake boy?" I asked, confused.

She slapped the palm of her hand into her forehead and knocked sharply on the door. Gabe opened it with an exasperated look. "What?" He said.

I noticed that he had the door pulled tight to his body, so we couldn't possibly see around him. Narrowing my eyes suspiciously, I pushed hard on the door, catching him by surprise. Sure enough, there was a very handsome naked boy laying on top of his bed.

I gasped, immediately feeling very intrusive. Gabe just stood there for a second and the naked boy laughed awkwardly, covering himself with a pillow.

Neither Laurie or I knew what to say. We stood there for a second before Gabe cleared his throat, pulling the door tight to his body again. "Can I help you ladies?" He asked.

We shook our heads and he said good night and closed the door. As soon as it was closed, I turned to Laurie. "We're assholes." I stated.

She nodded and covered her mouth as a giggle explained. "That was a very cute naked boy, though." I nodded in agreement.

Later that night, Sammy came back from the mall. He had gone to scope out the other tattoo shops locally. He had stopped renting a hotel days ago and had opted to just move in with me for the remaining time he was here. He would be leaving in two days but he'd be back in two weeks, ready to open up his shop. He had found a convient space to rent and was relatively sure he could do a modest business here. He had also renamed his tattoo shop from "Ry's Tattoo" to "Hexed Tattoo". I didn't have to wonder what caused this change.