Ch-17 Happy Birthday Pt.2

Trisha's POV

So... what does Kanak love? Jai?

I laughed in my head at my lame but bitter joke while I was at the mall with Divya looking for something to buy for Kanak. She didn't invite Divya or Cheryl at the party, I have no idea how I'm gonna get through that party because I only know Jai and Kanak. It's gonna be like third wheeling, actually worse because third wheeling with Jai, talk about it.

"So?" Divya asked me raising her eyebrows while we were walking through a cloth store.

"I can get her a book maybe?" I asked.

"If you wish!" she said.

We then went to this book store in the mall, it was huge. I love this store, it's my best place to be at, other than the Venice park, of course.

We started going through the books, their smell and colour made me happy. After about 20 minutes of looking through the store I bought eclipse. Third book of the twilight series. I know how much Kanak loved the first two books of the series, she wanted to buy the third one, but didn't. Trisha to the rescue!

-- -- --

As I rarely wore dresses I didn't have anything to wear so I called Cheryl, beacuse she had just bought a dress! She allowed me to borrow it, yipee!

I rode my bicycle to her house. I'm gonna get a new bicycle soon.

Her mother offered to help me get dressed for the party, I didn't mind because I have no damn sense of fashion and I'm gonna look beautiful today, I actually wanted to look different. I want Jai to know that I'm not always that fashion-less bitch, well actually I am, who am I kidding?

After about an hour, Cheryl's mom actually turned me into an amazing looking girl. I never knew that I could look that awesome. She curled my hair which looked beautiful on me and made them into a messy bun. It was perfectly messy I should say. And the heels, woah!

Damn! I looked hot for the first time in my life.

Dad drove me to the party at seven in the evening. I smiled at him while leaving. I had the book wrapped in a colourful wrapping paper in my left hand and my other hand was empty with a bracelet tied around its wrist. I looked at her home from the outside. It was huge. I must admit that her house was better than Cheryl's. But anyway Cheryl is so much better than her. She never betrayed me, atleast.

I pulled my lips into a genuine smiled and walked in the house. I was left in utter surprise when I saw the interior. The violet curtains complemented the creme coloured walls, the lighting made it look like a palace. I was awestruck. Then I saw someone who made me slip, not literally.

Jai in a suit. Oooh. Hot would've been an understatement. He looked like a complete gentleman, which I believe he is. His dark hair was perfectly aligned with two strands falling over his forehead. His white shirt and black coat hugged his body so well, damn. His tie loved being at its place. All in all he was looking the finest. Thanks for blessing my eyes.

My lusty eyes were still drooling at him while he was talking to some guy, just then the birthday girl appeared in view. She was looking absolutely gorgeous in that red tight fitted dress. Jai would've dropped his jaw at that look for sure.

The real pain struck when she held his arm. I took a deep breath and went towards her. Not gonna kick her ass, lol. Just to wish her a very happy birthday!

I made my way through the hall crowded with more adults than teenagers. I spotted some familiar faces from school. I have no idea how Kanak knows them, the flirting stuff does work I guess, it worked on Jai!

"Happy birthday! You look gorgeous!" I said when I was just a feet away from her.

Her hand still clung to Jai's arm.

"Thanks, Trish!" she flashed her perfect teeth.

Thankfully Jai wasn't looking in my direction or else I would've flipped myself or the words I was speaking.

"Hey! I brought this for ya!" I said bringing the book forward.

"Woah! What's this?" she asked casually.

"Open it!" I said eyeing the wrapped book.

She opened the wrapper without any rush and found the book.

"Awh! Thank you Trish! I wanted to get the third part of twilight after reading the first two, you remembered! Thanks!" she smiled which made Jai turn his face over to us and he saw the book in her hands. Then his face expressions changed.

Jai's POV

I saw all my creativity go into drain when I realised that Kanak already had new moon. Then I looked at the person who gifted her eclipse.

It had to be her, who else. Ms.Trisha!

She looked at me as soon as I looked at her. She looked confused.

Trisha's POV

He looked damn confused looking at me.

We were still looking at each other when he raised his eyebrows gesturing a 'what?'. Honestly, I should ask him that! Who would get freaked out and confused over a book? Maybe he found me attractive. I creepily smiled in my head.

I gave him that 'what? what?' look.

But Kanak had to interrupt!

"Jai! What have you got me?" she turned to him and asked, I stood there listening.

"Um.." was all he could say. Did he forgot to buy her something? haha!

Kanak gave him a confused look then asked, "What?"

He said a longer Ummm this time. Never in the history I had seen him like this, it was hilarious and wierd.

"Okay," Kanak said to herself and left.

"Hey listen, I bought you a gift, K," He said while running after her. He had to call her 'K' in front of me. I just stirred my drink and took a sip, it had no alcohol in it, but I felt better.

I tried to make this chapter quite fun...
Don't wanna disclose anymore!!!