Ch-21 Over Use

I hope I was not shivering, I felt so weak in my knees at that moment.

After spending some more time at the museum, we left. So again we were in the same position in the car. I couldn't seem to brush off the urge to look at Jai every five second, though I could only see the back of his head and his firm shoulders through the light denim shirt. He had his sunglasses on again. I didn't seem to argue this time. He looked great in those shades.

"So, where are we heading now? You said you had the whole day planned out," I said looking straight at the road through the windshield leaning my elbows over the front car seats.

"What would you like to eat?" Danny said.

"Ask Jai," I tried to say casually but yet once again I can't seem to get over Jai. I thought I was over him, like wtf!

I could sense that Jai smirked at those words. He then said,"You decide, Dan! I don't know where I'm driving to!"

"Into the horizon," I said and laughed lightly trying to cover up my blush.

"We over use words, don't we?" Jai said.

"Yeah," I smiled at the thought that he referred to us as we.

"Pizza hut?" Danny asked.

"Sure!" I said as my taste buds giggled.

"Okay then!" Jai said and drove to the left.

-- -- --

When we were completely full and content with the pizzas and talking about the weather, we sat again in the car. This time, unlike before, Danny sat with me at the back seat.

"Now what?" Danny asked when we were settled in the car.

"Home," Jai and I said together. He let out a chuckle, I just smiled.

-- -- --

That night was different, all I could think about was all that happened today how my ex-crush came to pick me up from my home. How I made him laugh, how his presence made me warm inside. I just couldn't stop thinking about everything he said. He wouldn't even think of me as a friend. I couldn't help myself.

I'm afraid of going through that path again, last time I survived but I don't know if this time my guards will be able to protect me or not.

I inhaled deeply and pulled the cozy blanket over me blocking the cold winter air and in an instance I was asleep, not even sure about how I feel.

-- -- --

So, this is how the next two weeks went. I met Jai at school daily, we laughed together, it made me realise that maybe he sees a friend in me. Now, I am afraid to break his trust by confessing how I feel. Plus, Kanak had been rolling her eyes at me. I'm, kind of, loving that.

Danny started to get suspicious about my feelings for Jai but I told him that I only see a friend in Jai, now. Like he's gonna believe me.

Danny, me and Jai hungout every other day, mostly we ended up at Jai's house (Yeah! I can't believe I actually stepped in his home, in his study!) doing maths. Yeah, my crush is my tutor now! He said that he is impressed by my speed at maths. (Smiles creepily)

I don't know how we ended up here. It feels good but the urge to spill my heart out to him scares me. For now, let me just be his friend.

A short chapter this time, forgive me please.

Love y'all so so much! Hit that ☆ of you liked the chapter!