Chapter 28 - Fun and Danger

Harry Potter and all characters, etc. belong to J.K. Rowling, not me.

Harry McGonagall – Chapter 28 – Fun and Danger

It was to loud catcalls and whistling that the young couple ended their kiss, and they both immediately hid their red faces.

"Ignore them," muttered Hermione as she took Harry's hand. However, he noticed that she was looking at the floor and not facing the crowd.

Silently, they walked to the Ravenclaw table under the stares of their peers. They received words of encouragement from most of their friends, although a few of the girls seemed slightly disappointed that they'd gotten together. They sat across from Padma and Luna. The latter commented, "I'm glad the grufpents are finally gone, Harry."

He smiled at his blonde friend. "Me, too, Luna."

Hermione looked at her boyfriend and mouthed, "Grufpents?"

"They were stopping Harry from realizing how he felt about you," clarified Luna, as though Hermione had asked her for an explanation.

With a small smile, Hermione replied, "I'm glad they're gone, then."

-HM-HM-HM-

"Have you noticed that Professor Lupin always misses classes near the beginning of the month," asked Harry as he left D.A.D.A. class with Hermione and Padma.

"Yes," responded Hermione. "In fact, it's always right around the..." Hermione paled and so did Harry.

"What?" asked Padma.

"Never mind," answered Harry intently. "Professor Lupin just has an illness."

"I hope it's not contagious," commented Padma.

"Only through blood contact," replied Harry.

"It is controllable," added Hermione, sounding unsure.

"Of course it is," said Harry, looking into Hermione's eyes. "Aunt Minnie wouldn't have hired him if she believed there was any danger."

"Then that's settled," responded Harry's girlfriend. "We need to get to Arithmancy while Padma needs to get to Muggle Studies."

"See you later, guys," said Padma as she parted. "I'm sure Professor LaVelle's making him Wolfsbane," she whispered as she increased her speed.

Harry frowned. "I guess we forgot that Padma's a Ravenclaw, too."

"We'll have to apologize for acting like we didn't think she'd catch on," added Hermione.

"I suppose," stated Harry, "but I don't think she's upset...more amused."

"I think you're right," she replied and kissed him quickly. "Come on. We don't want Professor Vector to count us late."

-HM-HM-HM-

That Saturday, Harry found himself dressed in his Quidditch uniform, mounted on his Lightning Bolt. He had been right and Padma wasn't upset with them when they apologized. She simply commented with a smirk that they seemed to be in their own little world lately.

That week, only Ravenclaw and Slytherin were allowed to practice so they'd be ready for this game.

"Welcome, everyone, to the third Quidditch game of the year – Ravenclaw versus Slytherin!" announced Lee Jordan. The stands erupted in cheers.

Lee announced the teams before Marcus Flint tried to break Roger Davies' hand during the ridiculous pre-game handshake. Madam Hooch released the balls and the game began.