At Our Palace

I sighed seeing outside the courtyard. the birds were chirping melodies and the cool breeze was already soothing my swollen feet. It is for the second time I am expecting. The first time I had been carrying around our child, I was hell scared of the effects it had on my body. I was still so immature to see myself getting fat through inches in a few months. But since Prativindhya (yudhistir's son) was born I have changed to a great extent. Now more than my clothes I am interested in what my dear son is going to wear, even if his garments are nothing before his cuteness. 

I didn't know when flowing in thoughts I was restricted by the hands of my unborn's father. His hands iron for his enemies, and petal for me. He handles me the most delicately, but at times his attempts may go futile, resulting in marks I cherish.

"who is it Panchali!!"asked the owner of the hands.

"Arya Bheem!! I recognize your voice" exclaimed Panchali , letting out a chuckle.

Realization dawned upon Bheem, he had, once again, had announced his own arrival, therefore violating the rules of the eyes-closed-with-hand game. 

"I just lost it again!!" he told in an extra heavy voice.

Panchali took his hands in hers, "I don't need your voice for your recognition Arya, the moment you touched me with them, I knew that it was you."

Bheem smiled till his ears." How is the child dear?" Bheem asked staring at Panchali's belly.

"Arya! I am fine" I told him cupping his face in my hands. Phew! had he seen my swollen feet, he would have taken the whole Indraprastha on his head, this has happened before too. my morning sickness had extended a month extra, and only I know how I have consoled Arya Bheem that its just a phase of being pregnant and nothing else.

_______________________________________________________________________________-

A month later.

Subhadra had just come from Dwarka on that day. She comes rarely during these months, she even told me that her Bharata, Sakha Krishna had asked her to rush towards Indraprastha, the reason still unknown. And soon a chord struck me, I was about to deliver, it has been 9 months and 4 days that day. "Govind was a true friend in every sense !:" I exclaimed.

I and Subhadra were serving food, on my constant insistence I had got some work finally, after such a long time I was serving food to my dear five husbands. Even though they were scolding me for this decision, they had a tinge of gladness behind their eyes to adore. They always liked it when I did something for them collectively!

Yudhistir:You should sit and eat now Panchali!!! we have been served.

"as you wish Arya!" I sat down to eat, and soon my firstborn came yelling with joy from the other corner of the palace, no sooner he hung around my neck.

" See Mata ! how I ran so fast " prativindhya exclaimed with joy as he made his first announcement. He had just taken his first steps a month ago.

"I see dear, there is nobody like you!!" I told him making his eyes grow wide in acknowledgment.

"Not even us Prativindhya!!"said the youngest Pandav Sahdev as the others smiled.

I took some rice and started feeding prativindhya when I felt a tight pang of pain in my belly. This was a little different and far more excruciating.

However I never know why I ignored it and proceeded to feed him again, and this time the spine breaking pain returned making me scream in it. the rice had already scattered on the floor and my hands have landed on my belly as I continued to scream louder. 

I could remember prativindhya becoming white in fear, Subhadra running towards me and my husbands abandoning their food. 

All memories have dissolved in feeling the pain. I could remember myself kicking in the air, lying on the bed, screaming like maniacs, making Arya Bheem more nervous than he was. Arya Yudhishthira looked a little bit Ok with the situation as he knew it won't last longArya Arjun was eager to help me out, but to his surprise, he was not allowed.(i just laughed listening to this......Oh my dear!!!)And Arya  Nakul and Sahdev were trying to convince the maids that they have already made a  medicine for me to deal with the pain, but that won't work, because for the birth of a child, pain is the struggle; for the gift of god.

And after a long struggle and thinking that I will almost die I could hear a child cry in my subconscious state. I was at last, content, the price for my struggle was paid as a beautiful pair of eyes were laid down beside me.

NOTE:

*you may suggest any situation for me to write upon.

*criticism is always welcome, but just remember that was fictitious:))