the dark woods

My heart raced faster than a speeding bullet as i  desperately ran through the darkening destructive  forest with no end. As i felt my breath being taken away from me as i heard the dooming sounds of heavy foot steps growing closer and closer with every passing second. The forest creeked and moaned almost as  it was chering me on to out run the dooming foot steps of the people behind me.

The once darkening forest is now flooded with beams of light from the dozen of torches and lighting blots that's grew closer and closer every passing minute. The cold wet slimy sticky mud invaded my shoes with the only comparison being to that of people at war

The rain dripped down my face like a slithing slimy serpent as the flames danced like chear leaders on a ever green tree that was cluttered my path right in front of me.

I took a deep hurting breath breathing in the smoke and the heat from around me as i mustered all the strength I had left in me to jump over the fallen tree but yet this was not enough my toes could not reach high enough and at least catching my toes and falling over the tree as my ancle screamed in pain I tried my best to get back up but I couldn't Im so hopeless and useless all that I can do is lay here and wait to be captured and die.as i scurry close to the tree as possible and hope for the best as i cry.

The rain and tears joined together and streamed down my face . Why are they after me I did nothing wrong why can't they just leave me alone.the voices and foot steps felt like an hour away but got closer every second as someone jumped over the fallen tree with ease in full black clothes and stared right into my soul my body screamed in fear.

Thank you very much CJ_Thames for creating my amazing book cover love it so much