10

Nico frowned at the interior of his cabin. Maybe he wasn't a morning person, but whoever designed it had got the wrong idea into their heads. There were only 2 windows, and Nico thought that was a shame because he noticed himself cherishing the sun more and more often.

He dumped his stuff; a toothbrush, Camp Half-Blood t-shirt, and a pair of shorts, as well as other necessities, onto the cold floor and walked out into the pavilion. He didn't know what to do. So he did the only thing he knew how to do, he went to see Will in the infirmary.

He entered the infirmary. Kayla noticed him right away and came bounding up.

"Have you... Have you seen..." He muttered.

"Seen Will?" She questioned. "Yeah, he's right over there."

Nico awkwardly manoeuvred himself over to beside Will.

"Um, hey." He said.

Will glanced up at Nico.

"Hey." He replied.

He did a double take.

"Hey! Nico." Will stood up, flustered.

"Hey? Down here?" Whined someone on an infirmary bed below Will.

She was in the middle of getting a nasty gash on her abdomen treated and bound. The roll of bandage hung off the bed. Will glanced down.

"Oh yeah, sorry."

The patient grumbled under her breath. Nico blinked.

"Um, is now a bad time or...?" Nico made a gesture for the door.

Will snapped his head around to face him from the floor beside the bed.

"No! No," Will composed himself. "Just let me finish this."

He grinned and bound up the girl's stomach. Nico winced as the girl cried out, Will had bound it up too tight. He gave her a quick apology, redid it, and stood up. Brushing off his hands, he gave Nico a quick look up and down, which caused a slight blush to tinge his cheeks.

"Have you eaten?" Will asked.

"No, not since the last time you saw me 20 minutes ago."

"20 minutes is enough time to have dinner." He rolled his eyes. "Anyway, why are you here?"

Nico's mind went blank. Why was he here? Surely not just to see Will? He pushed all thoughts aside as he answered.

"I was bored."

The sunshine boy laughed.

"So you came here?"

"I can leave, or..."

Will cut him off.

"Not that I'm complaining."

Again, all Nico could do was blink and scowl. They walked out of the infirmary doors and into the rainy day beyond. Nico liked that Chiron let it rain sometimes. Will started sprinting to the pavilion. Nico just rolled his eyes and attempted to shadow travel.

Key word, attempted.

He came out of it and crashed, arms flailing, into Will as he came tearing into the pavilion. They stumbled but stayed upright, Will's arms around Nico's waist. Nico quickly let go and stumbled away, disoriented.

"I told you, no shadow travelling. Doctor's orders."

"Yeah yeah." Nico groaned and held his head.

The few campers eating dinner were staring. Nico glared at them.

Later that night Chiron called for a meeting with all the camp counsellors. They met him in the Big House and sat at the dining table. Travis was squirting cheese from a canister in Katie Gardner's hair, while she was arm wrestling with Clarisse. Clarisse thumped Katie's hand onto the table and smirked. Nico and Will took a seat as Chiron came in.

"Campers, we have news that a troupe of Underworld creature have escaped from Hades realm." He looked at the assembled people as they glanced in worry at each other.

Clarisse spoke up.

"We should send scouts out to check the surroundings."

Travis snapped his fingers at her and tapped his head mockingly. Clarrise just growled at him before turning to Chiron. They continued forming plans with the occasional others piping in. Nico was bored, and some of the ideas were ridiculous.

"What do you think, Nico?" Will's voice rang out.

Everyone turned to face him. Nico glared at Will whilst simultaneously thinking of an idea to give. Will gave an angels smile back.

"Well... we could..." Nico glanced around the room. He wasn't used to all the focus on him, even when he was doing the burial rights people were mourning, not focusing on him at all. He couldn't think of an idea.

------

'What do you think, Nico?"

He'd put Nico on the spot. Stupid, stupid, Will. He should've known that Nico was bound to have some 'people issues' after what he'd been through. Nico's glare was dropping as he panicked. So Will did the thing he thought he was best at, he messed things up.

Tripping over a chair, he tumbled to the floor at Clarisse's feet. He winked at her disgusted face and she jabbed him with the butt of her spear. Now everyone's eyes were on him as he popped up, feinting a sore leg, and slung his arm around Nico's shoulder; leaning on him as he limped out of the door.

Btw if I write in italics in the story, it usually means that's the characters thoughts... (Usually)

-L xx