Eagle's Journey To Find Something New

There are 4 times of day,

Like there are 4 directions to fly,

Like there are 4 elements of the earth,

And 4 elements inside.

Long ago, there lived a mighty eagle who protected the land. Everyday, he'd fly and fly and fly to the highest point in the world to watch over all of the animals in the forest, until he grew old and tired of the same thing.

He sat at dusk, he sat at dawn.

He watched the earth from above, and sang his old song,

"Oh mighty earth, I love you so,

I love how you change and grow.

I feel as though I am always the same,

Please help me move in different ways."

Today, Eagle thought, today is going to be different. You see, in the hundreds of years the Eagle protected the land, he only flew in one direction—North, for that's all he knew how to do. BUT today, he made it his mission to go somewhere new.

That morning, when Eagle was flying, flying, flying through the sky, he came across something magical. There was a strange spirit dancing through the air. She was playful. She moved up and down, then left and right.

"Helloooooo there." she said. "What are youuuuuu doing in this part of the sky?"

"I am looking for something new." He replied, and continued on his flight.

That night, when Eagle was watching all of the animals in the forest, he came across something magical. There were strange creatures dancing 'round a fire. They jumped up and down, and shimmied left and right. They put their hands in the air and partied all night, until they noticed Eagle.

"Hello there." They said. "What are youuuuuu doing in this part of the forest?"

"I am looking for something new." He replied, and then continued on his flight.

He sat at midnight, he sat at noon,

He returned everyday to sing his old song at the moon,

"Oh mighty earth, I love you so,

I love how you change and grow.

I feel as though I am always the same,

Please help me see different things."

Later that night, when Eagle was flying, flying, flying through the sky. He came across something magical. There was a strange sound. WHOOSH! Water pushed him. Water was playful.

"Hello there." Water said. "What are youuuuuu doing by this part of the river?"

"I am looking for something new." He replied, and continued on his flight.

Just then, the sun began to rise. It spoke.

"Eagle," they started. "I hear you sing every night and day. You love how the earth changes in different ways. To see it from new heights, and bounds. Turn your head, and look around. There's more to life, than flying straight. There's sights and sounds to take in on your way. I know you saw that for today, but you can do it tomorrow too, and everyday."

Eagle sat on the cedar tree.

He thought, and thought, then flew and flew, back to the wind, the people, and the river blue.

"Thank you sun, for helping me see."