4 - You're Kidding, Right?

“You’re joking right?” Jace snickered as I gave him the details on my date with Evan. I couldn’t believe of all the people Jace could see about cars he’d chosen Evan to help. Dorky, evil, hated Evan.

“No and what makes it even better is that right before he dropped me home he tells me that I would be rated a 2/10 on a dating chart. Who has a dating chart?” I demanded. Jace however seemed to be finding it highly amusing from the smirk that had spread across his face.  

“Don’t knock the dating chart Alyssa. I will have you know that every girl I date is evaluated very carefully and given a rating. It allows me decipherer whom will be the love of my life. I will one day find my true soul mate.” He placed his hand over his heart and looked off pretending to fantasise about bumping into Cleo in a field probably, and realising they were forever meant to be.

Speak of the devil and she shall appear.

“Alyssa, hi. Oh, I hope I’m not intruding but Jace party tomorrow night at Chester’s place, he said to tell Kyle for him and I suppose you can come to Alyssa. I’ll see you later babe.” She smiled leaning in to peck Jace quickly on the cheek before leaving. That was short and sweet.

“Tell me does she have high expectations of you cause I can imagine it. I mean what’s it like to date the perfect girl?” I asked whilst his eyes watched her walk away, or more so watched the swaying movement of her hips.

“Is that jealousy I here?” he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“Actually its sarcasm mixed with a touch of curiosity. Surprised? I know it truly is amazing that behind all those great looks that not every single girl is jealous of Cleo dating you. But moving on to the more pressing matter at hand, the party. I’m going as two people, I’m going to need your help.”

“You know this is not going to end well right? Oh and I‘m pretty sure you just paid me a complement over my charming features.” He winked before closing his locker before beginning to walk down towards the boys toilets with me. Gym was next period and I usually hung around him like a nasty smell making sure he didn’t leave to run and tell the guys in the gym before I got there. Not that that would stop him, he could do it at any point, any time and me being totally oblivious.

“Sure it wont. I’ll be like 007 and you’ll be like his glamorous lady companion. Oh look another complement over those charming features.” I joked.

“Have you ever actually seen a James Bond movie? Besides I thought I would make a fat girl?” He smirked as he stepped towards the bathroom where I looked up and down seeing all the people in the corridor. He must have read my expression though, “I’m going to pee, I’d rather you not be there when I do.”

“No. I’ve never understood how people can stay awake through the whole movie. I’m snoring by the time the first scene is over. Oh you would that still hasn’t changed; and I didn’t say anything.” James Bond had never been a movie that particularly grasped my interest, I was more a comedy kind of person.

“Your expression said it all, sheer panic, it was giving me a ‘you can’t leave me, what are you doing stupid’ vibe. It may also make you look slightly strange if we just stay stalking around the boys bathroom, so excuse me.”

*

Walking into the changing rooms a small group of guys were all crowded around and both myself and Jace were called over. “Have you guys seen what Evans posted now? He’s updated his articles to assessing girls on how well they do on dates. I can’t believe he even got Alyssa to go out with him.” Daniel commented. He was one of  the guys I spent a lot of my time talking to on the court when coach was off on a rant about how our games were getting sloppy.