Chapter 1 (The Reaping)

Males                                   Females                                            District

Yuuri Katsuki (18)                Gina Merriweather (16).     District One (Luxury)
Otabek Altin (16)                  Lilia Baranovskaya (18).    District Two (Weaponry)
Emil Nekola (18)                   Anya Lipinski (15).                District Three (Electronics)
Jean-Jacques Leroy (16)  Mila Babicheva (18).             District Four (Fishing)
Takashi Nishigori (18)        Carmine Sierra (13).             District Five (Power)
Leo de la Iglesia (16)           Hiroko Nishiyama (14).      District Six (Transportation)
Yuri Plisetsky (14)                 Liza Feltsman (16).              District Seven (Lumber)
Michele Crispino (17)          Sara Crispino (17).               District Eight (Textiles)
Minami Kenjirou (12)          Prima Sunnova (15).           District Nine (Grain)

Guang Hong Ji (15)             Minako Okukawa (18).        District Ten (Livestock)
Phichit Chulanont (17)      Yuuko Shikora (18).              District Eleven (Agriculture) 

Seung Gil Lee (18)                Isabella Yang (15).                District Twelve (mining) 

Viktor Nikiforov – District one victor.
Rekishi Maker – District one victor.
Christophe Giacometti – District two victor.  

Capital.

Tina Truffle – District one Capital escort.
Georgi Popovich – Yuuri's Stylist.

Yuuri Katsuki is a normal boy living in District one with his father Toshiya and sister Mari, he is average at school and slightly below at the academy. 

This is his last year available for the reaping, this year is the 70th annual hunger games and Yuuri is praying to survive this last year. Just one more and he can escape the horrible reaping anxiety that follows him around. 

The day of the reaping comes far too soon, Mari gently guides Yuuri to the district square. 

"See you soon Yuuri, you will be okay" Yuuri nods and clenches his fists. 

The mayor gives some speech that Yuuri never listens to, he announces the victors that will be looking after the tributes since District one has so many. 

"This years helping victors are Rekishi Maker and Viktor Nikiforov" 

Now that peaks Yuuri's interest, Viktor is the most beautiful silver haired man who won the games ten years ago when he was just 15, everyone knows Viktor. 

The capital escort Tina truffle, ridiculous name Yuuri thinks, reaches into the girls bowl first and pulls out a slip. 

"Gina Merriweather" 

The girl walks up to the stage, if she is nervous, she doesn't show it. Yuuri knows her from training despite being two years her senior, she's particularly good with knives. 

The escort pulls a slip from the boys bowl and Yuuri holds his breath. Please not me, please god not me.

"Yuuri Katsuki" 

Fuuuuuck 

Yuuri stands shocked before dragging himself to the stage, with every step he takes, his heart drops more. 

I'm not ready, please someone volunteer for me. 

Usually someone does but the air is silent and Yuuri struggles to hold back tears. The two tributes shake hands briefly and Yuuri could swear Viktor was watching him. 

Yuuri runs his fingers along the velvet couch in the justice building while he waits for his father and sister, Mari bursts through the door, her usually composed face is streaked with tears. 

"Yuuri I'm so sorry" she hugs him tight and his father strokes his hair. 

"Yuuri" Suddenly Mari looks stern and holds Yuuri's shoulders. "You can win, you are more amazing than you think. Focus on survival skills okay?" 

"Okay" he chokes out. 

They hug in silence until the guard comes. 

"I love you guys" 

"We love you too Yuuri" 

Then he's alone again until the capital escort retrieves him and takes both him and Gina to the train.