Chapter 16 (The Winner)

A hovercraft appears and lifts Yuuri inside, his hands are still covered in the blood of both Yuri and Phichit. No matter how many times he scrubs his hands, Yuuri knows he will always feel blood on his hands. 

A Capital attendant hands Yuuri some pills and a glass of water, Yuuri is in too much of a daze to question it and takes the pills quickly. The last thing he remembers is someone guiding him to a hospital bed.

His eyes flutter open slowly, all he sees is a bright light and for a brief minute he thinks he's in heaven. The light too artificial  Yuuri thinks and realizes he is in a hospital bed in the Capital judging by the huge Capital seal on the wall. 

He cautiously lifts one arm and sees he has perfectly clear skin and a manicure, his cuts and bruises are completely gone. 

He stands and spots a small mirror in the room, he almost can't believe his own reflection. While he has just been though hell, his hair is silky and only slightly longer than usual, all his skin is completely clear with no sign of his days in the arena. His muscles are big on his arms, he has a thin white singlet and white pants on with no shoes. 

The smell of his cleanliness hurts his nose after so many days smelling of trees and blood. 

How the hell did I survive? 

His room door clicks open and Yuuri is greeted by the familiar smell of roses and vanilla. 

"Viktor!" 

Yuuri comes face to face with the silver haired man who has tears streaming down his cheeks. 

"Yuuri!" Viktor runs to Yuuri and holds him tight in his arms. 

"I'm alive" 

Viktor laughs and cries on Yuuri's shoulder. 

"That was the most emotional games I have ever seen" 

Yuuri pulls back from the hug and then grabs Viktor by his collar and kisses him. 

Despite everything that has happened and how much Yuuri has changed, he still has feelings for Viktor and this time he won't be shy about it. 

Life's too damn short. 

The two kiss deeply in Yuuri's hospital room before pulling away to breathe. 

"I always believed in you" Viktor whispers. 

"I love you too!" 

"Wha- r-really?" Viktor's eyes widen once again with shiny tears before he pulls Yuuri in for another kiss.