#79 1/2: In The Teens' Perspectives

A/N: (IMPORTANT, DO NOT SKIP) Ok so this is simply a filler from the last chapter. This is still related to the storyline, though. It will just show what it didn't show last chapter. It's also gonna be longer than normal btw.

Hope you guys still enjoy this! Let me know what you think! Okay, bye!

😋

Well, excuse Percy for now. He wants to find a hole, curl up in said hole and die.

No, literally.

He just got up from having all his energy taken from him (including the upgrade), he barely has any left to walk much less fight and this shadow comes back, intent to kick his butt-- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Annabeth is beside him, ready to assist him and bail him out of there.

However...

There's also the matter with the mirror shard.

Each mirror shard only appears when you either befriend, knock unconcious or kill the shadow. All his friends managed to accomplish that.

And it's his turn now.

He couldn't let Annabeth get hurt.

"Annabeth", Percy faced the blonde. "When I say so, you run to the tent and wait for me there."

Annabeth gave the ravenhead an incredulous expression. "Are you insane?"

He managed to grin. "Yeah. I'll be fine."

The shadow raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you sure about that, pretty boy?"

He glared at the figure. Then, mentally counting down to 5, he ran full force to it, Riptide uncapped and in sword form.

"PERCY!"

He slashed at the shadow. It dodged and was about to laugh about how pathetic he is--

He suddenly socked it in the eye with all his might. It fell back to the ground, utterly shocked.

"ANNABETH, GO!", Percy screamed, his tone leaving no argument.

Gulping, she ran to the tent, but not before willing a giant rock to drop onto the shadow, dropping it into it's stomach. "AAAGGH!!!"

"You better know what you're doing, Seaweed Brain! If you're not back by 10 minutes, I'm sending reinforcements!"

He stared at her girlfriend's retreating figure for a second before chuckling. Thanks, Wise Girl.

The shadow struggled to get the rock off.

Percy knew the shadow wouldn't stay there for long. Heck--it escaped Mount Lady's clutches!

He sighed and, remembering what Jack said a while ago, decided to test his theory. "What are you fighting for, anyway?"

The shadow stopped short. "What?"

Percy threw the shadow a sassy look. "Are you deaf? I said; what are you even fighting for?"

The shadow grit it's teeth as it slowly started to overcome the rock's weight. "I...fight for the forgotten one."

Percy threw it a deadpan look. "That's not an answer."

Frustrated, it stood straight up while benchpressing the boulder.