Part 1

The marriage hall was beautifully decorated. Lights and flowers added their own charms to the hall. Everything was perfect.

And why won't it be perfect? After all it was famous business tycoon Arnav Singh Raizada's marriage ceremony.

But, instead of being happy, every face in the hall was unhappy at the turn of events.

Khushi was sitting in the altar, wating for her Arnav to come and marry her. Payal was sitting beside her, holding her shoulders and crying for her sister's fate.

Grima and Madhumati were standing in the corner, crying.

The faces which were meant to be smiling today were all crying their hearts out.

Anjali was being consoled by Shyam and Akaash while Nani was crying on Mami's shoulder with NK patting her back, gulping his own tears.

Khushi, chalte hain yahan se. Arnavji nai ayen gai. Payal tried one more time to make her understand but it went in vain. (Khushi let's go. Arnavji won't come!)

Wo ayen gai jiji, unhon ne humse wada kiya tha. Wo ayen gai aur hamein yahan nai payen gai tu kitna dukh hoga unhain k hum ne un per bharosa nai kiya. Khushi said gazing at the holy fire. (He will come jiji, he promised me. He will come and after seeing that I am not here, he will be sad that I didn't trust him.)

Khushi cupped Payal's face and looked in her eyes. Wo ayen gai na, jiji?? There was hope in her eyes. (He will come na, jiji?)

Payal hugged her tightly crying hard. She caressed her back as she felt Khushi shake.

Suddenly, Khushi distanced herself and sat straight in front of the fire, hugging her knees.

Unhain aana hoga, jiji. Wo ayen gai. (He has to come, jiji. He will come)

Every person present there was in tears seeing her trust and belief.

Chotte, aa jao. Khushiji k liye aa jao. Anjali silently prayed. (chotte, come. Come for Khushiji)

A gush of wind blew and all eyes went to the door. There stood Arnav Singh Raizada in his glory. Anjali gasped as she took in his appearance.

His forehead had a small bruise along with blood oozing out. She limped towards him but even before her, Khushi reached him.

Arn-av-ji. She stuttered nearing him. Arnav took two steps back abruptly. Arnavji? Her lips slightly asked him.

Aj main yahan sirf tumhari wajah se khara hun jahan Dukh dard aur dhookay k siwa kuch nai hai. (I am standing here just because of you where is only pain, hurt and betrayal) Arnav looked directly at Khushi, his gaze piercing her soul.

Khushi felt the whole room swim before her eyes. She clutched her head to steady herself. All emotions were finally taking a toll on her health.

Chotte. Anjali came near him. Chotte, tum kya kehn cha rahe ho?? Jo bhi hai, saaf saaf bolo. (chotte, what do you want to say? Whatever it is, say it clearly)

Di, main aik aisi larki se shadi nai kar skta jis ki Ma hamari Mamma ki mout ki wajah hain. Arnav stated in a matter of fact tone. (Di, I can't marry a girl whose mother is the cause of our mother's death)

Kya? Anjali gasped along with many others. Khushi stood there, staring at him in disbelief. (what?)

Han, di. Main Khushi se shadi nai karon ga. Aj ka baad, Khushi mere liye mar chuki hai. His height of emotionless words shook every heart present in the hall. (Yes, di. I won't marry Khushi. From now onwards, Khushi is dead for me)