Last Part

Arnav stood there, staring at his Khushi. His mind went blank. His heart beating like hell in his chest.

His eyes were dry. Not a tear in them.

His hand, clutching the handle, turned white.

He felt dead.

Only one thought was pounding his head.

His Khushi left him.

Seconds later, he heard a gasp beside him. With great difficulty, he turned his head and saw Anjali, Akash and NK standing there. Their mouth agape and eyes widened in shock.

Khu...Khush...Khushi...ji. Anjali sobbed as the reality dawned on her.

Akash and NK stood there, not knowing what to say or do. They felt drained out.

They never thought that the events may lead them here.

That they may lead Khushi to death.

Arnav felt his feet getting heavier as he was unable to take a step. All his energy vanished and he was on the verge of fainting.

Almost dragging his self, Arnav entered the premises of Gupta House.

Seeing him and all the other Raizada members, Payal stood up angrily, but Garima pulled her hand, absent minded.

Payal looked down at her with confused expressions and sat beside her. Kya hua, Amma?? She asked. (what happened?)

Bss, Payal. Aj koi tamasha na krna. Meri bitiya ko har mehfil mein ruswai mili hai, ab aur nahi. Aj tu us ko araam se jane do. Her voice cracked due to tears. (enough Payal. Don't do anything today. My daughter suffered humiliation in every function at least now let her go today with ease)

Payal closed her eyes, gulping in pain. Her mind wandered back to every function of the house where Khushi was humiliated, with or without her mistake.

Payal's marriage.

Munh Dikhai.

Khushi's marriage.

And the last one got her life.

Payal slumped back, looking at her sister lying lifelessly on the ground. She was still unable to digest the fact that her baby sister left her for always.

Apni jiji ko kyn chor kar chali gai tum, Khushi. Aik baar bhi nai socha k main kese jiyon gi tmhare bina?? Her heart complained to Khushi. (Why you left your JIJI, Khushi?? Didn't you think for once how will I live without you?)

Tears rolled down everyone's eyes as they saw their beloved and always chirping Khushi bitiya lying silently.

Arnav came closer to her body. His eyes dry as if he forgot how to cry. His heart screaming in pain yet he was silent.

Inching closer to her, Arnav kneeled down beside her lifeless body. Staring at her face which reflected her peaceful sleep, Arnav got lost in her. No words left his mouth as he sat there, gazing at her who once was his.

His?? What a joke!!!

Khushi. He whispered which was onlh audible to Khushi only if she could hear it.

Khushi. Bss bht ho gaya. Ab uth jao. Tum tu kabhi itna nai soti. He said, his voice going moistened yet there was no tears in his eyes. (Khushi, it's enough now. Wake up. You never sleep for so long)

Phir aj kyn?? Dekho, he flicked his nose, sb kitna ro rhe hain. Uth jao na Khushi. Itni bari saza tu na do mjhe. He was on the verge to break down but still he didn't. (Then why now? See, how much everyone is crying. Wake up, na Khushi. Don't give me so big punishment)