Chapter 2

I wake up with a throbbing headache. I scramble to get up and on my feet, but my legs and arms are bruised and scratched up. I remember my dream about how I was dragged across my ceiling. 

I start to think if it wasn't a dream. I look up to see if the carving was still there and it was. 

Through the pain in my legs, I manage to get up and throw some clothes on. I limp downstairs, shutting the door behind me and hoping nobody goes in there for the time being, then into the kitchen to fix up some breakfast so I can hurry and go to school.

Thoughts rush through my head about what my friends will think and if they will believe me or just think I'm crazy. I take a gander at all the scratches that aren't covered up and realize people would think I'm suicidal or something, so I put on a sweatshirt to hide it.

I'm terrified of my room, now. I'm even terrified of my own house! How did that even happen? How is it possible to be physically dragged up to the ceiling by NOTHING?! I feel like I am going crazy. There's no way ANYONE will believe me.

As I scarfed down my toast, suddenly, something hit me. Not physically; mentally. The picture from the abandoned house yesterday sorta looked like that weird figure I saw before knocking out. Maybe it had someting to do will everything that happened last night.

My thought were interrupted by my dad walking into the kitchen. I noticed he was starring at me.

¨What?¨ I said, my voice raspy from screaming last night.

¨Are you alright? You look flushed.¨ he said, squinting at me.

Of course, I had to lie. ¨Yeah. I-I feel fine. I have to get to school, now. Bye, Dad.¨

¨Okay, bye. See you after a while.¨

I called down my brother so I could walk him to his middle school. My car broke down a couple days ago so I couldn't drive to school, which meant I had to wake up earlier. My mom won't le tme take the new M4 because she said I will break that, too. 

As we walked, I thought about whether or not I should tell my brother. But before I could say anything, he said, ¨Hey, you know when you got kidnapped?¨

¨Yeah, what about it?¨

¨I was in on it! You were so scared.¨

¨Shut up, Emilio."Oh, by the way,¨ I questioned in my mine if I should tell him, but decided I would since I already started, ¨last night... something happened.¨

¨Did you get fucked? You were screaming pretty loud.¨

¨No! And stop cussing!¨

¨Okay, okay. What happened then?¨

¨After I got pranked, we went to an abandoned place and I looked at this picture...of this girl,¨ I was remembering what happened vividly that night, ¨who was dressed in a dirty, white dress. She had black hair, too. After I went home, I was texted by...someone. I dont know who, but they told me not to look up and...I did.¨

¨So...?¨

¨I was dragged by my hair across my room by it.¨

¨Yeah, right. Good one. WHy were you screaming though? It woke me up.¨

I decided to show him all my scratches and bruises.

¨Why would you do that?¨ His eyes went wide.

¨I didnt! I woke up with them, I guess. You have to believe me!¨

¨Stop playing! I'm gonna tell mom.¨ He said.

¨No, you can't. Keep it between us. Okay?¨

¨Y-yeah, sure.¨

We walk the rest of the way in silence until I'm approaching his school to drop him off. Then. I get a text.

You better say your goodbyes because that will be the last time you see him.

My heart started beating fast and I scan the area. Lots of people, but no one looking at me.

¨Wait, Emilio.¨ I called for him.

He turned around and took a few steps back toward me. ¨What?¨

¨Maybe you should stay home.¨

¨Why?¨

¨Well, they're is a sickness going around. It's really bad.¨ I lied.

¨I don't think so...¨

My heart beats and my face turns red with frusteration. ¨Just stay home!¨ I yelled, unintentionally.

He gave me a wierd look and said, ¨Okay, fine.¨

I quickly walked him home, trying to beat the clock back to school. Fortunately, I made it by a few minutes and, sweating, I went to the bathroom to freshen up.

~~~~~

After school, I met up with the squad in the parking lot next to Demetri's car. I decided to tell them what happened, but no one but Anthony believed me. Everyone told me to relax and that it was just a dream.

¨Then how the hell do I have scratches on me?!¨ I went off.

¨Calm down,¨ Tanner said.

I took heavy breaths, ¨Demetri, don't you believe me?¨

He just gave me a dirty look and Scarlet said, ¨This has never happened to anyone on planet Earth so why would it happen to you? I think you should've stayed home.¨

¨NO! I'm not lying!"I yelled.

¨Be quiet. People are starring,¨ Tanner said.

¨If this is your way of trying to get us back it's not funny,¨ Demetri finally spoke.

After Demetri said that, him, Scarlet, and Tanner walked to their cars and drove away. Anthony stayed as I started to cry. Why is this only happening to me?

¨I believe you...¨ Anthony's voice sounded afraid. I looked up at him with tear-filled eyes. He lifted up his sleeves and I gasped at the sight.

His arms were purple-ish, covered with bruises. I think I possibly saw a hand print formed around his wrist like someone was gripping it so hard and wouldn't let go.

I was speechless. Tears were now flowing out of my eyes and his face turned pale. ¨It's happening to me, too.¨

Hi, this is Gracie, Jazmin's sister. I wrote this chapter, so let me know if you like it. Sorry it's short, but follow me and check out my stories. Leave a comment if you want more of this!! <3