∇FOUR∇

INDIA GOLD SAT ON THE BROWN CHAIR that stood in the middle of her balcony

INDIA GOLD SAT ON THE BROWN CHAIR that stood in the middle of her balcony. she loved the noises the new york city had to offer. although, any time she thought of the city she thought of her parents.

"what're you doing indy?"

titus gold, india's older and only brother stepped out onto the balcony.

"i love watching the cars and the lights of the city. you know this."

"who is peter?"

"why do you ask?" india furrowed her brows at her older brother.

"your phone is charging on the counter and i saw a text from peter parker pop up. he your boyfriend?" titus' left eyebrow raised higher than the right.

"would you mind your business? he's my history partner, titus." india lifted herself from the chair and checked her iPhone.

iMESSAGE BETWEEN
INDIA & PETER

peter parker:

hey india, are you busy at six? want to work a little more on the presentation at my house?

india (:

i just saw this, but give me a few minutes to grab my things and i'll head down to your  apartment. 

peter parker:

awesome!

ERASED

cool, my door is unlocked so just come in.

END OF TEXT

"titus, i'll be at peter's working on my project." india gathered her school books and headed out the door.

"you better not do anything, india." titus warned and india replied with a roll of both eyes. "yeah, ok."

the young girl had walked to the elevator to go two floors down where she'd meet peter parker. as she walked inside, she noticed that he was not around.

"hello?"

"peter?"

india set her books down and waited on the couch. as she pulled her phone out to text peter, the balcony door opened.

"india! hey, i didn't hear you come in!" peter was gasping to catch his breath.

"did you just workout or something?" india noticed the sweat drenched peter panting nearly uncontrollably.

"what?"

peter rubbed the sweat from his forehead almost frantically.

"uh yeah, been lifting weights and running. guy stuff." peter kind of stammered and it was evident he was so bad at talking to india.

"i'm gonna go change and we can study." peter begun to walk towards his room before india stopped him.

"hey don't forget your headband?" india's words were a statement at first but quickly turned into a question whenever she looked at what she thought was a workout headband.

india then noticed it was not a headband.

"is this yours? are you?"

peter knew that india quickly realized what it was.

"no, no. holding onto it for s-spider-man." peter grabbed the mask and india kept her stare on peter.

"you know spider-man, peter?"

"yeah, we're uh we're friends. i was holding onto the mask for him so his parents wouldn't find it." india tried to believe the story, but she connected dots.

"why do i find that hard to believe?" india raised a brow and peter stopped.

"please don't say anything, india." peter immediately pleaded.

"holy shit, you're spider-man?!"

"you cannot say anything, india. please, it's completely up to you but please keep this between us."

"show me that you're really spider-man then." india crossed her arm, awaiting this proof from peter parker.

peter began to undress and revealed the spider-man suit. "come with me outside."

india did just that and watched peter shoot webs from his wrists and scape the neighboring buildings.

as he returned, india stood there in silence for a minute or two.

peter smiled, hoping to get some sort of reaction from her.

"i uh, i've gotta go. i'll finish the presentation on my own and then email it to you the night before." peter was then extremely confused.

india walked inside and grabbed her school books. heading out to leave the door, peter stood right in front of it. "peter, please move out of the way." india asked.

"can you give me something? why're you angry? are you going to tell now?"

"i won't tell anybody your dirty little secret spider-man, have fun being an avenger and ruining cities whenever some monster falls from the sky." india then shoved peter away from the door and headed off.

peter stood there genuinely confused by india's actions. first she wanted proof that peter was spider-man, then once she gets it she doesn't want anything to do with him.