Abandoned

"This is high command, all forces head for sector alpha-delta-hotel-2-2-5 for full scale retreat" The comms blared, "I repeat sector alpha-delta-hotel-2-2-5." We must of have lost this, everyone was getting up and running towards the rescue point, out of order just mass chaos.

"Group Two, form up on me!" I yelled through the com, "I don't care if you want to get out as quick as possible, but form up on me."

What looked to be like was, 2 medics, 3 heavies, 1 sargent, and 13 privates then me, the highest ranking out of all.

"This is all that is alive, so we basically lost less than half of a platoon," the sargent told me. This wasn't good, almost half of us laying dead on the ground.

"We better get moving I guess, full on sprint over the hill then start a fast paced walk, we need to get out of here. " I told everyone, replies with yes sir, roger that came to me, "Group One, we're heading for extraction point. We're moving out... right... now! GO GO GO!"

It was a dead 50 meter sprint, red lasers starting flying towards us, one of the privates fell to the ground then nailed in the head with a shot leaving a charred black spot on his helmet, some blood escaped the smoldering head shot, but he was long gone. TK-783 unloaded coving fire when we got to the top.

We all got to the top, only one died, "let's get moving they'll be following us," I told everyone as we started on our 84 click journey. I saw Group One and the remains of the main attack group running the same direction some passed us.

~~{ + }~~

Screams were heard throughout the deadly night, random fires spread out from the explosion of the Death Star and it's raining burning parts making distant explosions and creating these deadly forest fires. We saw what to be a full squad of trooper's helmet all on wooden stakes, and even some bodies of freshly killed troopers hanging from traps.

No one has said a single thing after we found the first dead group of troopers. Most of us had our guns raised looking for traps and for enemies.

"TK-1099, watch your step, that's a trap," The sargent told him, he raised his E-11 and shot at the trap spring, it went into action but had nothing in it, "be careful trooper."

*thump* A trap was set off, "GAH!" a trooper was flung into the air in a net, a large crack shot through the air followed by a horn.

"Here they come! Watch your step!" I yelled to everyone. The trooper in the net had a spear impale him in the chest followed by 2 blaster shots to the head and then in the thigh. He let out scream then a grunt as he was shot.

The fluffy animals only had four rebel soldiers with them making the job of killing them a lot easier. Shots were traded off as most of the Ewoks were killed along with one rebel trooper as they retreated.

"That will be all we see of them for a while I guess," I heard a medic say with a tune of hopefulness of getting out of here.

"Count up your guys battery packs, loot any dead bodies we find on our ways, save shots, don't waste them," I told everyone hoping that it would give us a better chance of getting out of here.

We started off back onto our dangerous trip to our only hope of leaving this stupid haunted moon. Spears, rocks, and blaster marks littered the the forest floor and trees along the way. Two more troopers were flung into the air and one in a pit with what looked like to be deadly snakes. He didn't make it. We were down to 16 troopers left, and little to no hope of surviving.