Chances

TK-2268 and MP-1557, dead, one speared and stoned to death, the other, got shot twice at. Three privates no one knew, disappeared. We're down to 11 men, hope is decreasing for everyone. We approached the RZ point, an open field and a deserted bunker. 

"This is the RZ point, and no one is here," I said, "I'm guessing we can hangout in the bunker, clear it, wait for the ship, and get out of here."

"Hey, TK-779, should I get the radio up on running in the bunker when we clear it?" TK-786 asked me.

"Yea... when we clear it," I replied and then looked at TK-783, "TK-783, and... pfft... get someone to be your spotter and hide somewhere and keep guard outside, keep comms with us, report anything you see. I will take the rest of the group into the bunker."

"Roger Dodger 779," he replied, went off and got a random private, probably someone he liked. Then ran off into the trees.

I looked at everyone else, left with a squad to breach the bunker. Not as bad as breaching it with a strike team. "Alright men, we clear this carefully, look in every corner, slowly, quietly, and NO mistakes. Got it? One shot is one kill"

"Roger Sergent," everyone replied heavily.

We spread ourselves to the walls of the bunker, the doors we're already blasted open. There was barely any lights on, only flickering ones. I waved my hand to instructed the troopers we're going in. The ceiling, walls, and floors are all toasted with flames from the explosion of the shielding for the Death Star. We got further into the bunker until we got to a control room. As we were going through there were blood stains across the floors and walls, and a few scattered bodies. All of us were expecting a fire fight, but there was none.

I finally broke the silence, "TK-783, we're in the closest control room, give me status report."

"Right now... it's so far clear, we had no trouble, there's still a little space battle happening, but still clear," he responded.

"Thank you." I said back then looked at the group, "TK-786 and MP-553, get the radio working contact lead. Also start looking through any cams and lock some doors to our area except to the entrance we took."

"On to it," they both said to me.

I looked at the main group, they were already sitting down, some of them had their helmets off, "hey guys, you can take a break, but still be on guard. You can also get eating." I told them, then went back on my comm, "TK-783, come into the bunker, we got cams up and running."

"Copy, we'll move in," He replied to me. A few moments passed, "We're closing into the control room, you should hear our footsteps." They were right, I could hear their footsteps.

"Welcome to the group 783," I said happily, "We started eating some rations."

"Thank you guys," They both said.

~~{ + }~~

"Hey... 779, we got, what looks like... erm... A squad and a half of stormtroopers outside the bunker." MP-553 said, "should I contact them via comms?"

At first, I thought it was some rebel troopers dressed up in our armour, but a squad and a half, if their rebels, well they're desperate to get rid of every single stormtrooper here on this moon. I blocked out all of the chatering from the others, to think of what to do.

"Sir... d-" MP-553 started to say

"Let me think..." I cut him off.

If they're rebels, and we contact them, we can all die; but if we don't contact them they'll leave or they'll find out about the locked doors in the bunker and call more rebels, or they can just sit there for a long time. If they're stormtroopers, we can contact them and let them in, and I have to take care of more people. I can not contact them, and they can all die from those stupid ewoks and or rebels, or they leave, or they find out about locked doors in the bunker and we reveal ourselves and then they get mad at us.

I noticed that the whole team was silently watching me, and eating, waiting for my response.

"Well, I don't it's a good idea to send someone out there, so let's do the most logical thing to do, contact them via comms."