In through the nose

It has been months since the last incident. Crane and Abbie agreed that it was best that he speak with a therapist on a weekly basis. They later found out that he suffered from PTSD which is understandable considering that he is a war veteran and  was buried alive for nearly 250 years. Things have basically gone back to normal between the two. Well as much normal as two apocalypse fighting witnesses can muster. However,  Abbie still unintentionally flinches whenever Crane  touches her shoulder to get her attention.  She tries her best to hide it, but knowing Crane he notices despite her bad attempts at  fake smiling. Abbie awoke with a start. She peered over to her alarm clock and  rolled her eyes. It was 3:05 am this call could not  be good.

"This is Mills," she said groggily.

"Mills I think you should get down here," Captain Irving squawked into her ear.

Abbie threw herself back onto her bed in frustration.  This apocalypse was going to be the death of her.

"I'll be right there," she said as she tried to hide her annoyance.

After quickly slipping on a pair of dark jeans, a fitted grey shirt, and  her favorite auburn leather jacket  Abbie was out of the door. She  pulled her car into the parking lot of  the  Sleepy Hollow police department in record time.  As she stepped out she saw Morales heading her way. She felt a pang of guilt in her stomach.

"Hey Abbie," Luke cooed.

"Hey," Abbie answered dully.     Why did he have to be so nice? Couldn't he just go around ignoring her like the typical heart broken guy?

"I see you were called up here too. I wonder what it is," he said as he headed into the building.

Luke waited for Abbie to catch up.

"Going a little slow there," he smiled.

Abbie walked through the door that he held open for her,"Thanks".

"Anything for you," Luke replied.

Abbie shook her head and smiled as they walked back to Irving's office. Luke was always a charmer. Crane turned his head at the sound of someone else entering the building.  He immediately  spotted  Miss  Mills and her ex-betrothed smiling lovingly at one another. 

"Good morning Miss Mills," Crane said with a slight smirk.

"Luke," he added with a nod.    Abbie eyed him suspiciously.     "Hey Crane ," she said dismissively.  Luke nodded and proceeded into Irving's office. Through Irving's entire  briefing Abbie  could feel Crane 's hard stare. She wondered what his problem was. The situation was the same.  There were a bunch of imps in the woods. Although Urving couldn't tell the rest of the team that. Abbie and crane quickly rid the  woods of the black human-like demons while the rest of the team closed off  the streets that lead down to the woods. However, not before destroying Corbin's old cabin. Abbie let out a long sigh when  she heard the news.  This was great,  now where was Crane supposed to stay?

"Well I guess you're going to have to stay with me  until the cabin is finished," Abbie croaked.

She shifted her weight to one leg as she pinched the bridge of her nose. Crane stood up even straighter if that was even possible.

  "Left-tenant that is entirely improper. You're an unmarried woman. I couldn't possibly-"Crane said with distaste.

"Look Crane, it's late and I'm tired. I don't have time for a lesson on propriety. Now either you sleep on my couch or on the ground outside, " Abbie said lightheartedly.

Crane didn't say anything. He looked at lieutenant Mills  defeated.  Abbie got into her car and waited for Crane to end his piss fest. Crane settled into the  passenger seat.