chapter- 3bloody waters

Now I don't want to bore you guys to the point where you start to drift off but it's important you guys know these boring details they come in handy once it becomes interesting, this isn't your average supernatural book yes there are the villains, the heroes, but are the heroes really heroes? In this case, lexica the hero, she's supposed to save the supernatural world from the clutches of her grandfather right?
Today she starts water practice to see how her powers are growing and how powerful she is in the water, her form is noticeable because she doesn't look like the other water creatures she resembles a mermaid, not a siren due to sirens being creatures on land, not water, but what makes her stick out is mermaids not being seen for decades now they have simply disappeared in the depths of the waters never to be found again, lexica is the only one that can find them due to her being able to breathe in water for a long time and being able to go down into the depths of the ocean this is a huge task for her but she is able to take it in she will need her sisters in the near future for certain mission that will come along and her caregiver won't be able to teach her all of her water powers it's up to her mermaid sisters to teach everything they know.
Lexica says farewell to her caregiver and heads deep into the depths of the oceans, at a point in time she will meet her caregiver again at a nearby island where all mermaids meet... yes lexica resembles a mermaid but she will have to do certain task to gain the trust of the mermaids to where they trust her enough to teach her their most important secrets.
Lexica's p.o.v
I was nervous at the most I didn't know what was going to happen they could kill me on sight for entering their territory my caregiver didn't tell the queen I was coming , my caregiver believes I will be able to take care of myself and i will be able to take on anyone who dares come across me in this watery grave...

five days later...

I'm tired and worn out I've been swimming nonstop. I'm all scratched up and I have yet to heal I don't know whats going on my wounds should have healed by now one more hit and I really think I'll pass out but I mustn't give up she will be disappointed in me.

far in the distance, I hear a cry for help but something in me tells me not to help but I shouldn't be cold or should I what if I go and I get knocked out and I get kidnapped and I end up getting in a scenario and I meet some guy and he falls in love with me and wants to spend his life with me... I'm not going I have to stay on track my decision is final this isn't some love story my caregiver gave me specific instructions I can't divert from my path, not for a second.

you guys must be wondering what my age is as well. I don't really know, it's hard to really explain it I'm something special... my age is undefined in this world.

as I glide effortlessly through this crystal like water I get a flash of images of a baby being thrown into a lake and suddenly a fast moving object coming to my left tries to hit into my side but I quickly move out the way and come face to face with my mysterious attacker.

"A SCYLLA "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How I base my book I base it on old Greek mythology meaning sirens are half human half birds that lure men to the rocks by there beautifully horrifying voices and if you don't agree with that simply don't read this book... mermaids are half human half fish and the Scylla she is a monster that lives on narrow channel of water and has six heads, boats who sail too close to her water lose six men...

HER AND LEXICA go way back...