5~💝 Fated Lovers Pt. 2

Three Months Later...

This was bad- very bad, Trent thought as he stood over the corpses laying side by side. It was retaliation, indefinitely. All he could think about was Isis, how this would affect her. She mentioned she wasn't close to family but that didn't mean she did not love them. A cold chill raised up his spine thinking this could have been her amongst the dead bodies. Finally, Trey had paid the price for his actions, but her father. What did he do to deserve this? Who could have done this? He killed Marcello (after Trent got his fill of torturing him) and his men. Bending, he examined the bodies closer careful not to tamper with the crime scene. He didn't need the cops at his doorstep.

They were both murdered execution style. As cold as it was, it was merciful. A quick death. He felt his brother before he entered the room. "Whoever done this was definitely professional," he told Jericho. "There's no shell casings from the bullets." Trent's instincts had told him to keep an eye on Trey. The dude was scum with a capital S. Robbed and killed, sold drugs to teenagers. Didn't give a fuck about who he stole from. Trent didn't understand how this piece of shit and Isis came from the same womb. When Trey went missing Trent didn't bother with trying to find him.

"Why do you care if they're dead, Trent? They've both done your woman wrong. Caused her pain. The way I see it whoever did this has done you a favor. If Isis were my woman, I would have done this myself." Trent sighed. He understood his brother's point of view but regardless this was her family and Isis would never forgive him he had done this. Of course, He's thought about killing Trey. For once the volume on his conscious was tuned all the way up which further confirmed his love for her. He was going soft. She had softened his hard edges- made him warm where he was once cold.

"I need to go up north and break the news to her." Actually, he planned to see her after his divorce was final but got caught up with work. He called her every single day, but his calls would go unanswered. Trent knew in his heart that she was trying to forget him and move on. His heart screamed for him to win her back, cure the ache in his chest that constantly plagued him. He learned a lot from losing Carla and he would not be making that same mistake. He gave up everything- sacrificed so that someone else could be happy, but now it was time to be selfish. He refused to give her up. A couple months ago it wasn't the right time but now things were different. By God, he would move heaven and fucking Earth to be with Isis and make things last forever until death parted them. He was going to stick to her like glue. "I have to track down whoever did this, so I know she'll be safe."

Jericho placed his hands up. "I'm with you, brother. I practically owe you my life."

He gave a short humorless laugh. "You really fucking do."

~*~

Isis sighed in defeat and slumped on the stool. She tried and failed miserably to pastel paint the beautiful snow-covered mountains onto the crisp white paper but found herself picking up the black, outlining the beautiful masculine features of Trent's face. Those crystal colored eyes occupied her dreams for weeks. She was going crazy without him. The real root of her anger, Isis felt terrible that he technically cheated on his wife and it didn't matter if they were separated. He purposely kept that from her. So, she decided to move on with her life. It was kind of hard when he blew up her phone daily. That man was relentless.

There were dozens of nice men here up north and she went on a few dates even though her aunt advised her not too. The woman kept reminding her of the stupid Red Thread of Fate. Every time Isis did go on a date she got such a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach it literally made her sick. That just wouldn't due cause she had to move on with her life. Trent just couldn't be the only man compatible with her. Just even thinking about it was ridiculous no matter how much it made sense. And if they were indeed soulmates, she wouldn't truly be happy with someone else, but she had to try.