Chapter 57: Reina's Wi-fi

Marinette's POV
We sat down at the two-person dining table munching cookies. There was a comfortable silence between us. The kwamii's had gone to chat in the bedroom so we were alone.
"Do you really think one of us will get akumatized?" She suddenly asked. With a grim nod, I whispered.
"Afraid so." Her lip wobbled.
"I'm not strong enough..." Her eyes were pleading me to give her a solution I didn't have.
"We've been over this Alya." I sighed placing the cookie I was nibbling on down. "You're so much stronger than me. If anyone can do it you can."
"Is it even possible to reject an Akuma?" She sounded doubtful and I knew I had to tell her.
"Yes," I said sure.
"How are you so sure?" She asked suspiciously.
"I didn't want to scare you at the time." I took a shaky breath. "The day James stood me up I-I..."
"You rejected an Akuma." She finished form me with fury sparking dangerously in her eyes.
"Don't," I begged her and she reluctantly calmed down.
"I have to ask," She said carefully. "How did it feel? I mean I've been akumatized before but rejecting it must be different."
"To be honest it was truly terrifying. Your body starts shutting down and all you can focus on is the blood rushing to your head and the burning sensation from the object. And for a moment everything melts and leaves only pain." I shuttered.
"It sounds horrible." She whispered.
"For a minute it is," I smiled. "Then the Akuma comes out and it's like being reborn, stronger, better, grander. Its like energy from the earth is flowing through you to the point that you might burst. I'll admit for a while your pretty shook, I mean it was an Akuma but then you just feel... miraculous."
"What did you do with the Akuma?" She asked intrigued.
"I caught it," I replied simply.
"Hold up!" She put a hand up. "You mean to say you purified an Akuma without transforming?"
I nodded. "It was really weird and I'm still not  a hundred percent sure how it happened."
"So you think I can do it?" Her eyes sparkled with new found hope.
"No," I smirked at her. "I know you can."
A/N: Its a bit shorter but I feel like it needs to be.