Chapter 68: Ribbons of Liberation

Chloe's POV

Someone had pushed. Pushed on a pull door. They had worn down her mind and made her weak. I turned over the thoughts in my mind. Had it been Adrien who pushed Marinette to this? I'd be willing to bet my miraculous on it if Corruption allowed me to keep ahold of it. This wasn't Marinette, I found myself having to mentally chant those words. No this was an akuma, Mari would never be so evil.

Allowing me to have my miraculous but taking Pollen some place else so transforming was impossible. If Mari thought for even a second that I was being unjust, she'd find a new Queen Bee. Ladybug would be more then happy to have a different hero by her side. Oh how I wished she'd swoop in and save the day like old times. But not anymore, I was a hero now too, it was up to me to save myself. Miraculous or not.

Easier said then done being trapped in a pitch black room, tied to what seemed to be a very stiff wooden chair. If only she could somehow loosen or cut the ropes binding her. The moment Corruption had brought her here she'd opted for rope over her dark ribbons. Her powers must have been limited by distance. The ribbons must only be able to function with her nearby.

Ribbons... He wouldn't be so stupid. Would he? Would Hawkmoth plainly give away the location of the akuma? Yes, to taunt us. To taunt her.

Desperation took over, I needed to get out of here now. She had a weakness; distance. And the akuma was in her hair ribbons. The only problem was that nobody else knew. Nobody even knew I was gone, kidnapped by a crazed villain who looked just like my friend. I wondered briefly for a selfish moment, who else she'd deceived. I was wasting time now. 

I had to cut the ropes, all I needed was something sharp or... Indestructible. Like a miraculous. The only problem? Now I had to get a hair clip into hands, bound behind my back.

Ridiculous.

Carapace's POV

"Give it up Tortoise!" I snapped my neck toward the sound of her voice. Mari - or rather Corruption - was sitting at the edge of a building, slightly higher then the one I stood upon. Her legs periodically swung against the concrete wall, reminding me that even though we were hero's we were breakable. A drop from that hight and even a miraculous or an akuma couldn't save you. 

"You've enslaved my friend, Moth ball! What did you expect?" I gave a run and jump, landing swiftly beside her. 

"Hawkmoth liberated me, Shell boy." She leant further over the roof edge, looking down at the busy street below. A city packed full of people, unaware that a villain sat nonchalantly over head. Sitting beside a hero who wished dearly that a fight would not ensue.

"There's no liberation in servitude." She snorted slightly, seemingly amused at my attempts to convince her that indeed, she was becoming a mindless drone.

"But is there not servitude in liberation?" Corruption examined the people below as if they were ants marching toward her food. With narrowed eyes and pursed lips but vague amusement as she could easily destroy them all. "Mustn't there be someone working to ensure another can be se free?"

"Then who is truely free if slavery is necessary?" I retorted, trying to mask my confusion of what exactly we were arguing over.

"I'm free." Was all she said as something smothered my face, effectively cutting off both my response and air supply. Shouting muffled nothings at her only rewarded me with a mirthful laugh. "And I guess you are the slave, don't fret though. Hawkmoth will soon liberate you as well."

And my mind went black.