Prologue

Breathings hitched, her slender hands traveling up her neck in hopes to cease the pain

Breathings hitched, her slender hands traveling up her neck in hopes to cease the pain. Her rosy cheeks have long lost their color and the light in her eyes seemed to subdue. Another painful cough flew out of her parched lips as bright red amaryllis petals found their way to the cold wooden floor.

She hated it.

She hated how the petals reminded her of him. She hated how she found the contrast of red and white petals resemble his hair. She hated how its mild, sweet and delicate scent is similar to his.

Why me? Countless unanswered questions crowded into her mind. Her mind wandering through all the possibilities that could've occured if he loved her back.

They could've went hand in hand as they walked each other to their respective home.

They could've spent their lonely nights with each other's company, sitting on the velvety couch along with atrocious movies that the boy misjudged and a warm, easeful blanket wrapping the two bodies, bringing them closer. Time will pass on as the tedious movie shortens, the two of them ending up asleep in each other's arms.

If only he loved her back.

Y/N didn't know how many times she repeated those same words over and over again inside her head. The phrase always seemed to come to mind whenever she and Todoroki shared a moment together.

Another painful twinge came from her lungs as she felt the familiar sensation of her throat burning. She forced out a cough, hoping for the petals to escape as soon as possible to prevent any of this from happening longer. Another cough. Still, no new petals were seen on the mahogany wood.

At this point, the sensation was becoming too overbearing for her. She couldn't get even the slightest amount of air into her body. Tears welled up in her eyes, glossing them. Her body trembled and she didn't know whether it was from the cold air surrounding the dimly lighted room or the fear of dying over a single boy.

She felt something coming out from the edge of her throat. Something big.

And instead of finding the normal red and white petals, a bright red amaryllis flower laid on top of her palm.

Y/N's tears finally found their way across her cheeks as she couldn't help but plaster a crooked smile on her face.

"You made flowers grow in my lungs and although they are beautiful,
I can't breathe."

Aaahh it's finally done ♡ I'm so hyped for this story as it's gonna be my first published book! I don't expect it to blow up since the main reason why I'm writing this is to improve my writing skills and publishing it is only for extra motivation,...

Aaahh it's finally done I'm so hyped for this story as it's gonna be my first published book! I don't expect it to blow up since the main reason why I'm writing this is to improve my writing skills and publishing it is only for extra motivation, though votes and comments are highly appreciated! Just a heads up that I mostly get inspired by the Hanahaki tags from Tumblr so if something resembles a person's work, this might be the reason why. I'll try my best to be as original as possible though :)