三;

"Is there anything I could help you with, young sir?"

The nurse in front of Todoroki had a cold scowl plastered onto her face, eyebrows furrowed and teeth clenched shut. Her rough and husky voice laced with venom.

She was old and wrinkly, the lines on her face showing that she's probably in her 60s already. Her jet black hair showed signs of white, all tangled up with other strands from the lack of treatment towards it. Her uniform that was full of creases and stains and the dark circles beneath her dull blue eyes showed that she had probably worked here more than she should've.

The teenage boy was taken aback by the cold treatment for a moment before answering back, "I'm here to visit L/N Y/N."

The old-aged lady replied with only a frustrated sigh, opening the door in front of him harshly and stomping her way towards her patient.

Maybe she was having a bad day. A horrible patient to deal with or an infuriating co-worker to work with. Maybe she even got in trouble with her boss. Whatever it is, Todoroki didn't dwell on it any further and stepped into the room.

The white colored walls instantly came to view as the door was opened. The room was quite spacious as numerous patients who suffered from the Hanahaki disease were all gathered and treated here, causing several nurses to roam around the area, taking notes and providing whatever their patients needed.

Despite the room being somewhat crowded, each patient got a share of their own privacy. A curtain was hung around their bed in which you could pull to create a division between you and the other people.

Shouto made way towards the bed where Y/N laid on, opening the cream curtains slightly before closing it again when he got in.
When Y/N's peripheral vision caught sight of the boy, she immediately closed the book she was reading earlier, a cheerful smile written on her features.

"Good morning, Todoroki!"

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*:.。..。.:*・゚゚・

"Who are you?"

The room was met with a deafening silence, so silent that you could hear a pin drop. Tenseness filled the room like air, filling every rims and edges.

To say that Todoroki was baffled at first is an understatement. It was as if all the nerves that connected to his brain short circuited, his mind completely shutting down.

Todoroki might be a bit aloof at times but he wasn't an idiot.

He knew the reason why Y/N had forgotten everything about him was because he was the boy she had harbored feelings for.
He knew that he was the boy that made her cough flowers out of her lungs, the boy that made her breathless both painlessly and painfully, the boy that made her feel like she got everything that she needed in the world from him, and yet nothing at all.

And just the thought of that made Todoroki crazy.

It made his heart squeeze and ache, his stomach tied to knots and his eyes brimming with tears. The guilt was eating him alive and he couldn't help but think whether any of this would've happened if he had known before.

Yes, he couldn't love her back and turning back time won't change that fact.

But he could at least force her into doing the surgery earlier. He knew that at some point, she'll give up opposing and just listen to him.

She always does.

Gathering his thoughts back, he inhaled deeply and let out a huge breathe.

"Todoroki Shouto. I... I'm the one who caused you this," he said in a forced choke.

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*:.。..。.:*・゚゚・

The bicolored haired boy had forgotten just how good-natured his best friend is. He expected Y/N to want nothing to do with him after he told her how he's related to the case. He even expected some harsh words thrown here and there at him and he was beyond scared knowing the fact that he might lose his best friend.

Yet, the only thing the teenage girl did was to give him a knowing smile, the kind that always managed to make Todoroki confused, the kind of smile she always gave whenever the stoic male messed up.

To Todoroki's surprise, he wasn't asked any questions related to her relationship with the him. Instead, her questions were mostly centered around the man himself, asking about things ranging from his age, favorite song and what he does in his spare time, it was like she was getting to know a whole new person.

"Y/N."

"Hm?" The said girl hummed in response, lips curling upwards and head tilting towards her side, bringing her attention to whatever the boy was about to sound off.

"Why haven't you asked anything about us?"

It took Y/N a while to answer his question, her absence of words leaving the aspiring hero to wonder if he said the wrong thing or is better off had he said something else instead.

"Y-you don't have to answer if-"
"I just want a fresh start, that's all."

The h/c colored haired girl giggled softly at Todoroki's perplexed look, amused at the way he scrunched up his face in confusion.

"I just feel like there isn't a need to remember whatever past we had,"
A punch.

"I had forgotten it for a reason, after all."
Another punch.

"I would rather focus on creating new memories than trying to figure out whatever had happened before."
The crimson-white haired boy felt like he was thrown all sort of punches on his whole body. His body felt numb and for a moment, all he could focus on was the rapid beating of his heart, cancelling out any further words that the female was spewing.

He felt betrayed. Betrayed by the fact that his best friend prefers to forget about all the past memories they have made, the memories that he hold so closely to his heart. The memories that made and shaped him into the way he is.

But what is there to feel betrayed off when he is the reason it is happening?

┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈

pffttt just when i thought there's no way i'll take more time finishing this chap than the last one,,, ,, i took double the time to finish it,, ,,,, which was a year. procrastination? don't know her!!!! 😳👉👈

this chap was supposed to be longer but i really wanted to post something for y'all cause damn ma,, , 7k reads!!!! 🥺 thank you for the endless support and i hope you guys enjoyed this chap despite it's quality and length <3

&&&&& please do stay safe and healthy from the virus. don't be a dick and put others in danger just because you're bored in your house. social distancing is important!!!! luv y'all x.