Game Ending and a night to remember ...

The game to Hikaru was dragging out. It felt like they had just gotten three outs and went to the dugout to bat, only to get pulled back to the outfield.  Eijun threw a ball and it went flying:

“LEFT FIELD!”Eijun shouted

Hikaru ran and slid catching the ball before it even hit the ground.

“Nice catch!”Eijun shouted

“Idiot!”Hikaru replied

“Uh, Thank you for catching that pitch Hikaru.”Eijun replied

Hikaru ran to the dugout with Eijun. Once in the dugout Hikaru watched Yuki as he was up to bat. Hikaru could only smirk as Yuki relaxed himself before his time at bat. Furuya sat by Hikaru as well as Haruichi did. The three freshmen watched the pitching of Kiryu.  Miyuki glanced at the three other freshmen then went back to his conversation with Eijun.

“Are you not watching the pitching of the other team…man it seems like Furuya, Haruichi, and Hikaru are smarter than you.”Miyuki replied

Eijun was ticked off, but looked at the pitching. Hikaru watched as they threw a high ball right at Yuki’s face.

‘Amazing, it was a high ball coming right at him and he still didn’t move!’Hikaru thought ‘but none the less there going to try and walk Yuki.’

Hikaru had to admit she held a lot of respect for her captain. Hikaru never really understood back in Akagi what being in a captain position meant…after all she was just pushed into it because her brother was captain. But, as Hikaru watched Yuki bat she couldn’t help but wish she could evolve to be that good. Hikaru could only sigh when she saw that they had walked Yuki…

‘Come on Masko-Senpai.’ Hikaru thought

Haruichi and Furuya noticed Hikaru standing up.

“What’s wrong Hikaru-San?”Haruichi asked

“This pitcher throws good inside strikes….”Hikaru said

Haruichi and Furuya shared a look.

“okay?”They asked

Hikaru was slipping on his right batting glove, then he start to walk to the bats with Miyuki. Hikaru noticed what Miyuki was going to say, he smirked and said:

“Masuko-Senpai is going to swing at an outside pitch.”

Miyuki shot Hikaru a look….Miyuki just sighed and smirked then he put on his batting helmet and went to the warm up circle. Hikaru stood in the dugout. He watched as Masuko hit the outside pitch only for the ball to go flying to first base foul zone…only to get caught. Hikaru noticed Eijun staring at the situation….

“See,” Miyuki replied “There’s more to pitching than meets the eye, huh? You don’t have anything but your energy to reply on right now, so at least learn to pitch to the inside.”