Chapter 2

My eyes are tightly shut waiting for what he's going to do next. "What do you think you doing?!?" he said in a quite chilling voice that made me feel like I whipped his puppy. "Wwwhat do you mean??" I was so confused and scared I didn't know what to do. I don't like people being this close to me it makes me uncomfortable. I just wanted to melt into a puddle and die of embarrassment. He looked at me like really looked like he was trying to figure something out in his head and the answer was on my face. I took this time to really look at him. His hair was really curly at the top with the sides shaded. It looks like a fresh cut. I moved down to his face his jaw looked like he was perfectly cut out of stone. His dark green eyes were burning holes in my face. He wasn't perfect but he was pretty close. After what felt like forever he finally spoke. "You have no idea what I'm talking about don't you?" I shook my head slowly. His gaze went down to my hands the where turning red from clenching my necklace so hard trying not to let the glowing show. "Just tell it to stop," he said as he tapped my temple twice. I looked at him for a second confused about what he was saying. He gave me a look telling me to just do it. "Look it glows when you feel like you in danger and you're not I'm not going to hurt you." He looked at me like he was saying trust me through his eyes. I close my eyes and said stop quietly. The glowing stopped instantly. I let go and looked at my hands. The marks from necklaces were burned into my palms. He pulled out his phone and held out his hand to me. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and handed it to him. He taps his phone on mine and handed back to me. "Meet me tonight 10 o'clock don't be late and don't tell anyone." He looked around slowly, no one had seen him. Then walked out the front door. I looked down at my phone "New contact Jack Davis" my phone said. " Hey, are you ok?" Mike poked his head around the corner. I jumped a little hoping he didn't see anything. "I'm fine um are you ready you ready to go?" I dug my nails into my thigh trying to not let my voice start to get shaky. "Uh, yea sure I just got to check out". We walked out the library and walked to the bus stopped. "Want to go get lunch I got some time before lunch," he asked "Yea sure um Corner Bakery" his eyes lite up. We got our food and sat down even though he had devoured half of his sandwich waiting for mine. He was talking about some movie he saw but I couldn't focus. What was he talking about? What did I do that was so bad? Why do I need to meet him? "Ok, what's going on?" Mike said breaking my trance. "You have been acting strange ever since the library did something happen?" I shook my head slowly "No nothing happened just my favorite character died in my book you know how it is." He looked at me for a long time. He knew I was lying he could tell I didn't want to go into detail. We said our goodbyes and I rode the bus home. I climbed the stairs to my apartment and laid down on the bed. I pulled out my phone. It was 9 o'clock. "New Message from Jack Davis: Location Shared," My desktop said. I got up and sat down at my desk and doubled tapped the message and a Slim Towers folder popped up. The folder contained a picture of Slims Towers "4D mode" I said. The towers came alive in my bedroom, becoming a smaller version of the real thing. "Incoming Message". In bold letters at the top of the building, it read "Meet me on the roof".